Is there only me waiting for a new iPod touch?

Associate
I have a 5th gen that is so slow.
I don’t want to get a 6th gen because it’s been out for years.

So I’m stuck waiting for an iPod touch 7th gen.

Commissario
Isn't the iPod Touch the only iPod left in the range? I've had a feeling for a while that it won't be long before even that is discontinued and the iPod will officially be a dead product.

Soldato
iPod is dead. Pretty much everyone carries a phone with them now, even kids so the segment is done.

If you want a music player for on the go exercise you can use the Apple Watch. Only reason I can think of where you might not want to take a phone with you but even then most do these days.

Associate
OP
I love the iPod because I use it for internet, games and music on a largish screen, but it is sooooo laggy.

I have an iPhone X, but I like to have a iPod touch because your not as bothered about people picking it up. I take it to the beach and can just leave it around. Whereas I wouldn’t do that with the iPhone X haha.

I considered the Apple Watch but you can’t browse or play games.

Associate
I’m waiting for a 7th Gen Touch but don’t think it’ll be happening. I use my iPod 6th Gen all the time at work as I do not have access to a cellular signal but do have constant WiFi. At home it sits in my centre console in the car where I can play what I want from it using Apple Music. I love it. It’s smaller, lighter and far less bulky than an iPhone SE. Its on IOS 12.1 and still runs as fast as the day I bought it. Unfortunately, I don’t think we’ll be seeing another so it’s replacement will possibly be an iPhone 7 as my eyes are going a bit now and I could do with a bit more screen.

Soldato
I have an ipad and an iphone x, but I still use my ipod touch (6th gen) as my walkman :) I like the fact that only using it for music means it can last basically a full working week between charges (well I now charge it midweek as well since I moved to bluetooth headphones). With my job it is very rare for my mobile to get through a complete day with any decent amount of battery life left, so adding on music playback and bluetooth headphones would ensure it doesn't last the day. Also keeps the actual phone storage free for stuff other than music.

Soldato
I used to be all about the DAP life, but once I started getting 100GB a month on my phone for £20 I just got Apple Music and never looked back. The last branch I need to let go of is the wired IEMs but I have pretty high end ones and nothing wireless has matched them for SQ... yet. The iPod is a relic now; people used to get it for kids for games and stuff but the iPad does that better and is now at a more affordable price point (with the non-Pro ones and older hand-me-downs).

Back
Top Bottom