Is this a bit naughty???

Associate
I was on my way into work this morning nice and early and I decided to pop into a local tv shop to get some AA batteries but then This caught my attention so I decided to buy it made me 25 mins late for work because I was sorting out finance on it :p

I feel a bit gulity now :p Oh well

Man of Honour
Man of Honour
In marketing speak, you're suffering from cognitive dissonance, which in short means, guilt about spending a lot of dosh. You'll probably spend the next week trying to find good reviews and comments to make you feel better and justify it.

Does look nice though.

Associate
OP
Mr_Sukebe said:
In marketing speak, you're suffering from cognitive dissonance, which in short means, guilt about spending a lot of dosh. You'll probably spend the next week trying to find good reviews and comments to make you feel better and justify it.

Does look nice though.

Blinkin heck You should be a shrink thats excatly what I did when I got home.
Oh well nuts to the reviews Ive seen it and tested it in the flesh and the only bad thing i found about it was the lack of freeview.

Soldato
Caught My eye too in ashop then I noticed freeview and lack thereof and my heart sank

At least it has the slightly higher spec panel ( 1366*768 as apposed to 1280*768)

I am looking for a decent freeview HD TV, to be used for widescreen gaming - do you think the 80 pixels or so would be noticable?

Associate
The 32LD6600 is not as good as the 32LD7200 and does not have a DVI socket but for £900 it's not a bad LCD TV.

FrankJH

Given that Freeview LCD TVs are more expensive than getting a standalone box and normal LCD and that you will have to get a new box anyway for HD freeview (when it gets going) I don't see any point in limiting your choice to IDTVs

Associate
Hitachi LCDs do not 'support' PC input via HDMI. If you can get it to work it will be an a 720p picture upscaled to 768 so no 1:1 pixel matching.

Soldato
Never had a problem with my Sammy 26" idTV HD LCD to be honest, even with the inbuilt freeview - which was as good as any external box I have seen. Its the HD panel itself that makes the freeview and and other nd source look bad not the tuner itself.

There arent that many identical models with and without freeview to compare ( HD ones ) as far as i have seen, but for one less box and one less lead attached I think its worth it. You will be in the same boat eitehr way when hd freeview comes out, if you get rid of an external box for nd freeview or not in my opinion

Associate
OP
Its finaly here and its beautiful.

Sorry about the bad quality pic but its all I could get at the time.
My setups consists of the following:
Hitachi 32LD6600 LCD Widescreen TV
Jvc TH-SW8 DVD player + surround
Joytech AV switcher
Pacific VHS player
PS2
Xbox 360
Gamecube (not hooked up).

The screens amazing sooooo much better than my old 28" cheapo widescreen.
Takes a bit of time to tweak the colour settings etc but its worth it.
At the moment Im using my 360 to play dvds as I havent got a component cable for my dvd player to run progressive scan.

Associate
FrankJH said:
At least it has the slightly higher spec panel ( 1366*768 as apposed to 1280*768)

I am looking for a decent freeview HD TV, to be used for widescreen gaming - do you think the 80 pixels or so would be noticable?

any of the current samsung panels will do you well. all 1366*768 with just about all the connections you will ever want.
The the R41 and R51 have to be connected to the pc via d-sub (vga) for 1:1 mapping as the dvi/hdmi doesnt support it but not sure about the M51 and M61 which are new...

you can get built in freeview on all of them as far as i know (bd models as opposed to just b) though why not get a good exteral box...

Soldato
Is it worth getting an external freeview box, everyone is agreed that the nature of the good quality panel will make freeview look bad anyway, I will be using a dvd recorder on the rgb scart, which leaves a standard scart for anything else - unless i get an rgb switch box just dont see the point of gettting ANOTHER external box, paying for it and using up an extra connector when all this can be built in?

I was actualy meaning apart from Sammy's that you can easily compare

Might actually get a 32" R41 / 51 BD - prefer this design to the M series which to me looks ugly

The only thing that worries me is that the 32" will have bigger pixels adn therefore more noticable, have 900 quid to spend on a replacemtn come tusday or wed, unfortunately in a "metor" store, as been given a card from them from insurance company so cant shop for best price on the web

Last edited:
Soldato
I wouldnt worry about pixel size on a 32inch TV, as long as you sit far enough back. At 4 Meters, I can watch a projected 50inch image, without any serious 'pixellation' problems.

Back
Top Bottom