• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Is this a CPU bottleneck?

Associate
Yeah I re-enabled Shadows when I upgraded from my i5-4690k @ 4.5GHz last summer. Having them enabled is a tactical advantage and it makes the interiors of buildings much more defined instead of being extremely bright and washed out.

I'm yet to really test how Shadows affect performance in the DX11 version of the game. There are a lot of bugs that need resolving first. Daybreak seem to be making quick progress as I've noticed the minimum frame rates rising from around 30 FPS to 40 FPS in the last hotfix. And the only reason I'm dipping to 40 seems to be some sort of bug with the exterior of Bio Labs as when there is no Bio Lab nearby I'm not falling below 50 FPS.

Extremely impressive how much of a performance boost we've got at this early stage of DX11. I imagine after more rounds of bug fixes, general optimizations and support for specific hardware we'll give even greater gains to our frame rates.

Soldato
OP
Yeah I re-enabled Shadows when I upgraded from my i5-4690k @ 4.5GHz last summer. Having them enabled is a tactical advantage and it makes the interiors of buildings much more defined instead of being extremely bright and washed out.

I'm yet to really test how Shadows affect performance in the DX11 version of the game. There are a lot of bugs that need resolving first. Daybreak seem to be making quick progress as I've noticed the minimum frame rates rising from around 30 FPS to 40 FPS in the last hotfix. And the only reason I'm dipping to 40 seems to be some sort of bug with the exterior of Bio Labs as when there is no Bio Lab nearby I'm not falling below 50 FPS.

Extremely impressive how much of a performance boost we've got at this early stage of DX11. I imagine after more rounds of bug fixes, general optimizations and support for specific hardware we'll give even greater gains to our frame rates.

Oh man tell me about it, even though I'm cpu bound now the performance is so much better, it feels like the few perfect days post OMFG patch. I resubbed for the year when they announced Oshur and DX 11, glad I did. I've been playing since beta 2012 on Miller Vanu.

I can see in your second video that your GPU useage seems to be maxed out a lot of the time, that is great to see. Mine often drops down to 5% - 18% where I end up with 25-30fps [GPU] bound.

It's so good to see the huge battles in planetside 2 again and some old vets returning. Which server do you play on?

Back
Top Bottom