Is this a hardware or software crash?

Soldato
Hey guys,

around one hour ago, i was listening to Spotify and browsing on chrome..

then all of a sudden, there was lag and stuttering..my mouse went unresponsive and the music in Spotify slowed right down like the Matrix..and then totally crashed, and rebooted, no BSOD or anything..

But upon my reboot, I updated my GPU drivers, and manually updated, there was a big big update that I done and took around 30-35 minutes (and done with nothing else in background).

Is it possible while doing minor PC activities that this HUGE update crashed the computer, plus I have had issues with Spotify in the past also..

any ideas guys?

Soldato
Have you checked Event Viewer/Reliability Monitor if those recorded anything more serious before that crash?

And who knows what Wintoys10 decided to update by itself...

Associate
Hey guys,

around one hour ago, i was listening to Spotify and browsing on chrome..

then all of a sudden, there was lag and stuttering..my mouse went unresponsive and the music in Spotify slowed right down like the Matrix..and then totally crashed, and rebooted, no BSOD or anything..

But upon my reboot, I updated my GPU drivers, and manually updated, there was a big big update that I done and took around 30-35 minutes (and done with nothing else in background).

Is it possible while doing minor PC activities that this HUGE update crashed the computer, plus I have had issues with Spotify in the past also..

any ideas guys?

Much the same thing happened to me a few hours ago, difference being, i was using Tidal and firefox

Back
Top Bottom