Is this misleading the customer into buying a product ?

Soldato
So,i purchased something from amazon (photography studio kit) and the 2 main reasons i got it was because the width was 10 feet and the price (i will probably only use it a few times).

So i checked the item when i got it and there was a bulb broken (contacted the seller and getting a new one-no problem),i put the frame up and got the white cloth out to see what it looked like on the frame,upon putting the cloth up it is not as big as the frame (it is 8 inches shorter on the sides-9ft 4inch),i checked the listing and they state the cloth is 10 feet.

Is this false advertising and where do i stand ?

Soldato
OP
if it says 10ft but is 9ft 4 then it's wrong. send it back

amazon accepts returns for almost any reason anyway :)
I like the kit as its what i want/need for a photo shoot i have coming up,there are more on there but priced higher and could be the same situation with the backdrop size.

Caporegime
Isn't this just crossed wires? The seller sent you a new bulb but the thing that you're not going to use very often isn't as advertised. How much do you care? How much was it? How much of this is "BUT IT SAID [x] AND IT IS [y] AND EVEN THOUGH [y] IS FINE I WANTED [x]"

Soldato
OP
Isn't this just crossed wires? The seller sent you a new bulb but the thing that you're not going to use very often isn't as advertised. How much do you care? How much was it? How much of this is "BUT IT SAID [x] AND IT IS [y] AND EVEN THOUGH [y] IS FINE I WANTED [x]"
How can it be crossed wires ?

If i choose to use it once it needs to work the once as i need the cloth to cover the frame at 10 feet to pull it tight.

Caporegime
How can it be crossed wires ?

If i choose to use it once it needs to work the once as i need the cloth to cover the frame at 10 feet to pull it tight.
I'm confused by post #3 where you seem okay with it. You seem to have got a cheaper yet smaller thing (I don't even know what the item does, sorry) so I''m unsure what your argument would be.

Probably basics are best: does it work, how much does it cost, can you be arsed with a challenge to get a refund/replacement?

Soldato
OP
I care because it needs to be as stated in the listing and thats the cloth should be 10 feet and not 9 feet 4.

The price has nothing to do with it,if i paid £2000 or £200 the cloth should be as stated.

Soldato
you can send stuff back to amazon without question even if there's nothing wrong with it....used to be DSR, now customer care rights, or something! distance selling

link to product?

you could order another one before sending that one back....see what size it is when it turns up, if it's still short then send both back. if it's the correct size keep that one

Soldato
OP
you can send stuff back to amazon without question even if there's nothing wrong with it....used to be DSR, now customer care rights, or something! distance selling
I am fully aware of this and have done so in the past but i want to keep the kit,its the cloth i want replacing.

Back
Top Bottom