Is this number plate legal?

Associate
Hi, hope everyone is well! Thread title really.

Is the below plate acceptable in the eyes of the law? From what I have read the placement seems okay, along with font, and colour. It is a smaller than standard plate though, but reading around apparently this is okay in some instances? Can anyone please clarify :)

4Oaa5ia.png

Associate
OP
It’s an A200, I was expecting it to be an A160D that seems to be the common car to mod after an Audi A3 1.9D.

Either way, looks terrible and has an illegal plate, I wonder if it was changed for its MoT or if a friendly garage ignored it, along with all the potential modifications affecting the emissions standards and noise, then of course how much has been declared on the insurance policy.

Its an A45 AMG yellow Night. What mods exactly?

Associate
OP
It's difficult to make our but is it following the shape of the bumper?

If it is going round the side slightly it won't be able to be fully read by either an officer coming the opposite directon or ANPR cameras.

You are bringing all sorts of attention and will be stopped regularly.

Your front tints also look a bit on the dark side. Be prepared to have a roadside check in that also.

Just to clarify, not my car in the op lol.

Yes the plate bends round the bumper

Associate
OP
Thank you all for the input so far. Much appreciated. Does anyone have any further thoughts on the plate below?
It looks legal to me, however it is much shorter than usual. Is the below plate considered chav too by OCUK standards :)

hwCwrbD.png

Back
Top Bottom