• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Is this safe?

Caporegime

Yeah tell me about it. I shorted out a 18650 battery on my house keys in my pocket.

only 3.7v but 30 amps but my keys got so hot they burnt a hole through my jacket pocket and started burning my trousers before I felt it.

I quickly pulled off my jacket and by then it was in flames. :eek:

Its not the volts that kill you but the amps..............

Soldato
My guess would be that any exposed components that have been left like that have been risk assessed, the pins in the PCIe socket have been covered over with a plastic plug housing for a reason, otherwise they'd have left them exposed as well.

Surely they put the plastic housing around those pins to actually, you know like, to hold whatever is plugged into them?

Caporegime
Surely they put the plastic housing around those pins to actually, you know like, to hold whatever is plugged into them?

Correct. And with modern gfx cards weighing a kilo, motherbaord manufacturers are strengthening the slots and armour plating them to hold the weight!

Back
Top Bottom