• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

is this too low for a 4670k please help

Associate
hi all,

My i5 4670k seems to constantly be at 29-max 31 degrees i have just finished playing dayz stand alone for a few hours and in the bios its 30 degrees. Is that too low? the cpu is stock with no over clock and my cooler is the phantec PH-TC12DX which has two 120 mm fans.

shouldn't it be a lot hotter than 30 degrees after playing a game for 3 plus hours

Soldato
That should be fine, I'd be very happy with your temps. Now see how it overclocks, mine is terrible so I left it at stock.

Permabanned
Lower temps are great to have , though I doubt it's actually not exceeding 30 degs at any point. That's probably after a bit when your CPU usage has subsided.

Download core temp and have a look while you play. If you truly are not exceeding 30 shomehow then that is exceptional mate :D

Associate
OP
Lower temps are great to have , though I doubt it's actually not exceeding 30 degs at any point. That's probably after a bit when your CPU usage has subsided.

Download core temp and have a look while you play. If you truly are not exceeding 30 shomehow then that is exceptional mate :D

Good with it being my first build any little thing has me concerned ha

Soldato
hi all,

My i5 4670k seems to constantly be at 29-max 31 degrees i have just finished playing dayz stand alone for a few hours and in the bios its 30 degrees. Is that too low? the cpu is stock with no over clock and my cooler is the phantec PH-TC12DX which has two 120 mm fans.

shouldn't it be a lot hotter than 30 degrees after playing a game for 3 plus hours

download and install HWMonitor http://www.cpuid.com/softwares/hwmonitor.html , open it up.

play your games and whatever and then post screen of the program.

Associate
Idle temps are not that important but do correlate to a degree with load temps (although the relationship between the two varies between Haswell chips in particular).

It isn't that useful checking idle temps after you have stressed the CPU running a benchmark or game. The CPU returns to idle temps within seconds of being in a low stress/load state.

As mentioned above, download coretemp, realtemp or other preferred temp monitor and have it run in the background while you play your games or run benchmarks. These pieces of software will tell you your max CPU temps.

Associate
Worry when both the cpu and gpu are running over 80 degrees C in games,
we usually use stress tests or benchmarks before trying games because it tends to heat up the system more and its more consistent, usually games wont go to such a high temperature though but its good to check / know

Back
Top Bottom