ISM saddles

Soldato
Who's ridding one?
Just fitted a PN 3.0 to my TT bike hoping it fixes all of my Ironman worries.
Done a short session on the rollers and my junk didn't go numb so that's a good start but it seems like its going to take some adjusting to.
Sat up was uncomfortable, not as bad as the Fabric but it feels noticeably wider, tucked up on the aero bars was more comfortable but I would hardly say it disappears beneath you.

I've followed the tips, set back further than std saddles and dropped 5mm just need to get the minerals for a longer ride on the road.

So who's using one successfully? How long did it take to get used to it?

Cheers all :)

Soldato
Not used an ISM but found the Selle Italia Iron Flow to be very comfortable and narrow, much like my SLR Flow on the Roadie. Shame it's ugly as sin!

I've got a Fabric Tri Flat Elite on at the moment which is a bit wider, still quite comfortable. Season sort of finished before I really got to grips with it.

Soldato
Forgot to add I use the Aerocoach saddle and find it is the most comfortable relatively speaking, which mainly for me means it doesn't cause me any sores or discomfort after. I've come to the conclusion you won't ever get anywhere near a normal saddle comfort on a TT bike due to the compromised position and therefore no major pain is the best you can hope for.

Soldato
OP
I tried an early Adamo (breakaway I think) and that felt like it was splitting me apart. 5 miles and I had to turn around. Far too wide and no chance I was willing to try it for a number of miles.
I keep seeing the PN series more and more commonly though so thought I'd have another bash.
They're much narrower-Performance Narrow 3.0 gives it away a bit but it feels as though instead of the squidgy gooch taking the pounding, all of the pressure is focused on the pubic rami. Which is kinda the point, and no numb dangly doo dads so that's a good start.

Back
Top Bottom