Issue with 2700x bundle not posting,.

Associate
I've bought the 2700x with a 16gb 3200mhz c16 bundle but struggling to get it to post.
I've got a 290x, evo 970 (not sure I need this at this stage)
Everything lights up but I get a solid amber on the dram led, my usb keyboard/mouse never lights up.
I've tried all 3 ram combos which should work as per the manual, slot 2 single tried both modules, slot 2 and 4 using both at same time.
I do not have other ddr4 sticks available to try slower ram.

Box says 2000 series Ryzen compatible, so figure bios should be patched enough, plus its a bundle so if it wasn't wouldnt OCUK expect to get a lot of returns on this?

Will reseat cpu again, but there wasnt any issues seating it, will try that again.

Any other suggestions?

Soldato
That's very odd. Its quite difficult to have a AMD Ryzen CPU that needs reseating. The pins normally take care of that.

Agreed :)

Either they align or they bend using pga sockets. My only thought is that maybe the retention arm wasn't originally firmly seated causing the cpu to not slide that 1mm to the side and not aligning the pins to the socket.

Associate
OP
The cooler did take quite some force to get it on, seemed like too much force tbh.

Need a bios update as well as I was getting a lot of "thread stuck in driver" bsod.

Anyone know if the 3200mhz ram thats sold in the bundle is decent, appreciate its not c14, but is it any good?

This bundle: https://www.overclockers.co.uk/amd-...b-ssd-online-only-bu-01g-am.html#configurable

Team Group Dark T-Force 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4 PC4-25600C16 3200MHz Dual Channel Kit - Black

Soldato
The cooler did take quite some force to get it on, seemed like too much force tbh.

Need a bios update as well as I was getting a lot of "thread stuck in driver" bsod.

Anyone know if the 3200mhz ram thats sold in the bundle is decent, appreciate its not c14, but is it any good?

This bundle: https://www.overclockers.co.uk/amd-...b-ssd-online-only-bu-01g-am.html#configurable

Team Group Dark T-Force 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4 PC4-25600C16 3200MHz Dual Channel Kit - Black

Nothing wrong with Teamgroup ram. It’s quite a common pick on here.

Soldato
strix kit should be fine, that board and B350/X370 Gaming 3 has dominated sales and bundle deals here for a long time.

start at basics , run everything at default, ram speed etc . see how you get on, specially after bios update .

if no error then google and download Ryzen Ram Calculator and go through the sets to optimise ram correctly for Ryzen Platform

Back
Top Bottom