• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Issue with AMD Instant Replay

Soldato
I'm running version 20.12.2 of the Radeon software. I have two nVMe drives plugged into my Gigabyte B550i motherboard with a 6800XT Nitro+ and 16Gb 3200MHz G.Skill Trident Z RGB (CL16) and a Ryzen 5600X CPU. Dual Dell Freesync 1440p monitors.

On drive 1 is Windows, on drive 2 are any games I play. If I enable the Instant replay feature in Adrenaline, it causes stuttering when playing games. It feels like I'm dragging my mouse through treacle.

Fresh Windows 10 install with latest updates.

I started with the following settings;

Duration = 5 minutes
Buffer = Disk Storage
Resolution = In-Game (which will be 1440p)
FPS = 60
Encoding = AVC
Bit Rate = 30 Mb/s
Audio = 192 Kb/s

I've tried reducing the duration, changing the buffer to memory, changing the resolution to 1080p, reduced the bit rate to 25 Mb/s, but it still stutters.

Is this a known buggy piece of software or is it something with my setup?

Soldato
OP
Typical, after posting this I then find the answer. It seems that (bizarrely) changing the Audio Channels from Automatic to Stereo fixes it!

If anyone else has the issue hopefully that fixes it for you too.

Back
Top Bottom