Issue with CPU/Motherboard

Associate
Not sure if this is the right place and I did post this a while ago but thought I'd give it another bash before I spend money.

Spec:

Asus Rampage IV Formula (4 years old)
Samsung Green 16g
OCZ ZX Series 1000W '80 Plus Gold' Modular Power Supply (6 years old)

I have an intermittent problem with my PC booting. Sometimes when I power up, the fans spin but the PC does not post and the Red CPU LED is lit on the MB. There are also a couple of green LED's that stay on, I think one may be PCH_1.5 and the other VCORE GRD. They are green though so not sure if this means an error.

When the PC does come on it works brilliantly. I've ran CPU and Mem stress tests with no issues. It's just this intermittent issue that can take from 2-20 tries to get it to boot, sometimes it won't boot at all. This problem seemed to just start one day without any reason I can think of. There is a lot of this on the interwebs with different ASUS MB's.

I've stripped it down a number of times, reseated CPU, looked for bent pins and shorts, updated bios. Everything is currently running at stock in the BIOS although I've had the CPU overclocked to 4.4 for years. Anything else I could try? I was thinking about trying a new PSU just to rule that out.

Back
Top Bottom