• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Issue with my new 1070

Associate
Having an issue where when try and fit my new 1070 I'm locked out of the bios, can't do anything. If I switch back to my old card it's runs normally. Any ideas how I can sort this problem out?

Associate
Have you tried plugging the monitor into an integrated graphics port ?

If you can see the BIOS settings, you could then try disabling the internal graphics and see if that helps. I think there's a setting "Init Display First", which you can set to "PEG".

You shouldn't have to do this, but it's worth a try.

Associate
I had the same issue, updated to the latest bios. Disabled integrated graphics and put initial display to PEG.

----------------------

To start from scratch I would remove your GTX 1070 and then swap over to integrated graphics. Start up your computer and do this if you are on Windows 10.

(Win 10)Do the following. Right click my computer > Properties > Advance System Settings > Hardware > Device Installation Settings > Choose "No". Or Windows will grab what it thinks is the latest Nvidia driver and install it. Most of the time it's outdated....

Then run Driver Cleaner > http://www.guru3d.com/files-details/display-driver-uninstaller-download.html

Restart and grab the latest BIOS from Gigabyte. Update the BIOS. I would suggest putting it onto a USB and loading the new update via the BIOS menu. When it done, let it boot.

Shutdown then install your new GTX 1070.

Boot up and disable integrated graphics and put initial display to PEG in BIOS. Reboot.

Boot PC and install the latest display drivers from Nvidia!

:p

Associate
OP
I somehow fixed it. I put my 680 back in, loaded the bios, changed ROM setting to legacy, deleted drivers, undated bios, then refitted my 1070 and loaded new drivers. Then had a issue with dodgy screen resolution, did a restart then got a black screen after bios. I fixed this by disabling fast start, now it's fine lol

Back
Top Bottom