• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Issues with 1070 BIOS

I bought myself a Gigabyte 1070 GTX Rev1 OC Windforce GPU off the bay and it arrived a day or so ago. It had been used for mining for about 10 months. It had a mining BIOS on it and the seller suggested I flash the original BIOS on it and gave me links to the TECH powerup website. I identified the correct model from the list and downloaded the BIOS.

Cut the story short here. After flashing etc, the card would run like a dog. Really slow. Much slower than my old 290x. 18FPS in furmark instead of over 100. I reflashed, uninstalled and reinstalled the driver, while running driver cleaner pro between, still the same. Furmark was reporting the clock speed of 139. It should be around 800 mark I believe?

In the end, I found another BIOS for this card, not the official one techpowerup said and this restored the clock speed after a bit of a nightmare with display port settings.

Anyone else have a similar experience? I'm not sure my troubles are over yet. I will have to check on it when I get home tonight as I have left it on all day today.

Soldato
I bought myself a Gigabyte 1070 GTX Rev1 OC Windforce GPU off the bay and it arrived a day or so ago. It had been used for mining for about 10 months. It had a mining BIOS on it and the seller suggested I flash the original BIOS on it and gave me links to the TECH powerup website. I identified the correct model from the list and downloaded the BIOS.

Cut the story short here. After flashing etc, the card would run like a dog. Really slow. Much slower than my old 290x. 18FPS in furmark instead of over 100. I reflashed, uninstalled and reinstalled the driver, while running driver cleaner pro between, still the same. Furmark was reporting the clock speed of 139. It should be around 800 mark I believe?

In the end, I found another BIOS for this card, not the official one techpowerup said and this restored the clock speed after a bit of a nightmare with display port settings.

Anyone else have a similar experience? I'm not sure my troubles are over yet. I will have to check on it when I get home tonight as I have left it on all day today.

BIOS are here

https://www.gigabyte.com/uk/Graphics-Card/GV-N1070WF2OC-8GD-rev-10/support#support-dl-bios

Last edited:
mmmm bios's must have really changed it from default then . If original flashes cant detect hardware . Mind you there is Samsung and Micron FLASHES! which Memory module is your board using ?

the thing is I used the BIOS file listed as the official one from TECH powerup.

Not judging by the performance. It's very good, however I am having an issue. When idle, intermittently the system will lock up the display. Other things such as audio continue but display is locked. I have to reset to clear. Event viewer have the helpful Kernel Power error with nothing relevant nearby.

Got home yesterday and it had crashed again. Last night I ran sfc /scannow command which usually does nothing of any use. I also ran DDU again and chose AMD to remove. I had to reinstall Nvidia drivers as it removed Vulkan support again but this morning the PC had not crashed. I will see how it is later. I don't really hold much hope as I have already raised a return and will send back Saturday if no better.

Back
Top Bottom