Issues with Asus PG278Q

Associate
After a Divinity session last night and going back to desktop, I noticed the text looked really ropey. I spent an hour tinkering with drivers and settings but called it a night with the issue persisting.

When I got in tonight, the monitor is now flickering slightly and the brightness shifts depending on what is on screen. There's also a slight green tint on the left edge. The pixels around text seem to "shake" too.

I'm hoping it's just the external power supply or DP cable so I've ordered new ones that are arriving tomorrow. It's out of warranty. Anyone had this before and been able to remedy it?

Associate
OP
I've now tried changing the PSU and DP cable but the problem persists. The monitor seems to be getting worse as time goes on.

Is it done for? Anything else I can try? What can you do with a dead monitor to try and claw some money back?

Soldato
Probably done for.

Mine today has died in exactly the same way. When I bought it new it did the same within a 2month or so and I had an RMA replacement. Was going to order a new external PSU to try but I doubt it will resolve the issue. These panels were known for being poor on the QC/not lasting long and I am surprised mine has taken this long to die again. Expensive brick now effectively...

Back
Top Bottom