Issues with connecting pc to ethernet

Associate
so I don't know how this has happened but i have a problem all of a sudden with my pc connecting to my Ethernet telling me I don't have the correct drivers installed I've reset my pc completely and still having the issue even when updating my drivers unsure where to go from here - been in contact with Microsoft if they could help but nothing :(

Soldato
If you go onto device manager, enable "show hidden devices" and see if there are any duplicates, delete them and reboot.

Associate
OP
When I go onto settings>system>troubleshoot>other trouble shooters when running the network adapter I get this pop up “windows could not detect a properly installed network adapter. If you have a network adapter, you will need to re-install the driver.”

Associate
Type in System Information in the Windows search bar, next to Start Button. This will give you your motherboard brand/model.

Go to the manufacturer's website and find your motherboard model and find the ethernet driver. They should have one.

Also, as you stated you reset your PC, it will be best to install all other drivers for your motherboard.

Edit: as you don't have internet on your PC, get the drivers on another device and transfer.

Another solution, go into Device Manager, uninstall the Ethernet adapter and restart to see if your PC reinstalls the default driver.

Last edited:
Permabanned
Associate
OP
I’ve looked into buying a TP-Link Gigabit PCI Express Network Adapter would this be compatible with my Gigabyte B550 AORUS Elite (AMD AM4) B550 ATX Motherboard?

Man of Honour
I’ve looked into buying a TP-Link Gigabit PCI Express Network Adapter would this be compatible with my Gigabyte B550 AORUS Elite (AMD AM4) B550 ATX Motherboard?

Is it physically 1 lane? You have a physically 1 lane PCI-E 3.0 slot near the bottom, I don't think it is shared anything.

Back
Top Bottom