It's a bit slippery out.. :(

Soldato
OP
Right, gone over the bike with my stepdad and spoke to a guy at a workshop.
Due to the snaps, cracks and gouges, it's going to be new fairing parts we think. I'm going to go through insurance as it will be easier and cheaper in the short run. I'll also get more replacement parts instead of touch ups.

Will ring insurance tomorrow and see how it goes.

Soldato
OP

Yeah that was exactly my DIY fairing option. It's a gamble though. Wont be colour matched to the tank and questionable quality and fittings.

It's cheaper in the short run to go the insurance route, should also be a better job as well.

The company my insurance will use is 4th Dimension. Anybody have any experience with them? - https://www.4th-dimension.co.uk/

Soldato
OP
Bike is potentially a write off going through insurance. I won't say what the estimate is just yet and why until things are settled.
But I will say this: I bet the cost of pickup, estimate and storage of the bike is going to add a bit to it...

Soldato
OP
Or not... new ETA 28th January. Because they're incapable or of ordering the exhaust, that's what's holding it back. It doesn't take a freakin' month!!! Took me under 2 weeks to get it from Italy!

**** sake!!!!

Associate
Or not... new ETA 28th January. Because they're incapable or of ordering the exhaust, that's what's holding it back. It doesn't take a freakin' month!!! Took me under 2 weeks to get it from Italy!

**** sake!!!!

Never has a sig been so appropriate! :D

If it's any consolation it's not exactly biking weather at the mo. At least you'll be back on the road soon :)

Soldato
OP
Never has a sig been so appropriate! :D

If it's any consolation it's not exactly biking weather at the mo. At least you'll be back on the road soon :)

Indeed! :p

I know, far too windy, cold and wet for biking at the moment. I'm just worried that they'll do something like charge me for storage of the bike because it's taken so long.

Soldato
I checked the forecast last night and it looked ok, 3 degrees at least. Needed to be in work early today and slept in so bike was the only choice anyway, as it takes 30 mins vs 1 hour in the car. Ran to garage, started it up, road to the end of the drive then realised the whole street was covered in ice! Ended up paddling down the road 100M to the main road where it was ok.

Associate
I had a lovely ride home before new year from my missus's parents place, only 30miles but mostly country roads, I spent most of the ride at 15mph with both feet down! it was about -3 and ice everywhere, never again!

Hope you get sorted soon though op!

Back
Top Bottom