Its a small world

Associate
I was on holiday this summer in Lanzarote, there were 6 of us lads, and we knew we were meeting up with 6 girls we were friends with from the same high school and went out for a meal, but just as we walked to the restaurant door a girl who also used to be in the same year came out. All those miles away, quite random!

aye another Brit going to lanzarote what are the chances :p

Soldato
aye another Brit going to lanzarote what are the chances :p
Shocking I know, although the fact that I saw someone I'd known for abot 5 years but not seen for a year was walking out of one restaurant of bloody loads at exactly the same time we walked in, yeh that's pretty bog standard isn't it mate. ;)

Soldato
I live in a small town called Stornoway on the Western Isles of Scotland and while on holiday in New York I bumped into a friend of my dads in Macys. He lives in Stronoway too and just so happened to be on holiday at the same time! Theres probably about twice as many people in Macys at any one time than live in our entire town! We just stood there staring at each other for a while!!!!

Caporegime
Stayed in my mates house in Spain in July for a week, turns out their neighbours had a son who I went to school with and knew fairly well but lost contact with years and years ago.

Couldn't believe it :)

Soldato
So I moved over here to Madison, USA about 3 years ago from the Solihull area of England. My first job was working in a store. It's really not a tourist type place here so Brits tend to stick out a bit. I wondered if I would even meet another, to be honest.

I met two Brits within 6 months working at the store. The first was an ambulance driver from.........Solihull - who had moved over here to live within weeks of me. The second was a guy from Birmingham who lived less than a mile down the road from where I used to work!

I then helped an American women who said she had lived in England for a few years. I asked where she had lived and, you guessed it, she said Solihull. The bus I used to take to work in Birmingham every day went right past her house!

Soldato
I found out today that a guy who I work with used to live (and grew up) around the corner from the house that I lived in for 18 years :)

Also, I work in the same building as someone on this forum :) Didn't know until I saw their car in the car park while leaving the interview a few weeks ago.

Man of Honour
OP
Soldato
I was in Iceland the other day, looking for the family's current favourite food but I couldn't find it anywhere. So I stopped one of the guys who works there and said 'Excuse me, could you... tell'... I just instantly froze in shock when I realised it was my best friend from years before. We used to hang out together all the time.

So it all came out like this:

'Excuse me, could you... tell... holy ****, it's you!'. :p I knew he was thinking the same thing and we had a little chat. It was great. :)

Soldato
I booked a last minute holiday a few years back, when I was on the plane I thought I recognised someone I went to primary school with, spotted the same person again in the luggage collection, and then on my coach to the resort. She randomly ended up in the same hotel as me as well. We hadnt seen eachother for like 14 years!

Soldato
While we were in Maldives this year, we met a couple who had lived on the same road as us.

Year before in Ibiza we were walking in San An and i saw a friend who lives next door but 3 to my olds.

Andy

Back
Top Bottom