Its alive, alive I tell ya!!

Associate
Never been so nervous on a build having not done a full one for 5 years.

Running entirely stock at the moment (see sig), but how can I best test temps etc? I've download Speedfan 4.3.3, and at idle

Core 0 - 23
Core 1 - 23
Core - 40
HD0 26
Ambient 30

Now, AUX - what is this? Its at 127?

Intels TAT - what settings for this? AT default settings, and doing Start on both cores, both cores hit 34-36C and seem to stop. Am I throwing enough at it?

Man of Honour
The AUX reading probably means that nothing is connected to it so it defaults to 127C, I don't think your computer would be working if any part of it reached that temperature - even graphics cards which are the parts that have the highest working temperatures normally tend to throttle at about 120C.

Not sure on the TAT question.

Man of Honour
Remember with speedfan temps to add 15 to each core

And speedfan is also notorious for throwing in a random temp or fan speed that doesnt actually exist. For example, I used to have a fan that ran at 125,000RPM apparently

Congrats with the build by the way

As long as the temps dont go above 60 I'd start ocing it :)

Caporegime
an E2180 will go to 3Ghz just by changing the FSB from 200 to 300 and under stock cooling as well. Under the F7, you will probubly be limited by other components before the CPU gets to hot anyway! What RAM have you got?

Associate
OP
RAM - you know I looked at the spec and wondered what was missing! Ended up with Geil Black Dragon 6400C5 (2x2) stuff ultimately.

Associate
OP
Remember with speedfan temps to add 15 to each core

And speedfan is also notorious for throwing in a random temp or fan speed that doesnt actually exist. For example, I used to have a fan that ran at 125,000RPM apparently

Congrats with the build by the way

As long as the temps dont go above 60 I'd start ocing it :)

Ok, while running Orthos on the 8K FFT, and tracking with TAT, that reports 40C for both cores. Coretemp reports 41. Speedfan reports 40. I assume all are wrong? Thats with the AFPro7 fan running at 700RPM approx.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom