It's On! Floyd Mayweather - Conor McGregor **No discussions of illegal streams**

Caporegime
Dear god Conor fans are a deluded bunch, if they think in any way, shape or form that they actually think McGregor had any chance of beating Mayweather.

Maybe if Mayweather just sat on the ground then sure lol.

I'm hardly Mayweathers fan as it is but come on, Mayweather schooled him hard.

Soldato
I just watched the highlights and what a farce! It looked pretty staged to me. Even if it wasn't staged, for McGregor to get gassed on such a big stage is a ****ing joke.

I don't think Mayweather has lost it, it just looks like he didn't really need to turn up :-\ he might as well have been walking around a park given how nonchalant he was.

Soldato
Difference in the UFC is if you turned your back the other fighter would smash you for 6 or strangle you unconscious.

Given how everyone expected FM to destroy CM, he took 10 rounds.

He took 10 rounds because the UFC needed him to take it to 10 rounds.

Can you imagine the damage to the UFC's reputation if their "main" attraction got pasted from the off by a 40 year old bloke who hasn't fought for two years?

Last edited:
Man of Honour
He took 10 rounds because the UFC needed him to take it to 10 rounds.

Maybe/probably something in that but Mayweather rarely goes in for the kill in the early rounds under any circumstances. Even with McGregor leaving himself fairly open - it can be a costly mistake if you go on the offensive before getting the measure of an opponent. IIRC (though I'm not the biggest boxing fan so might have it wrong) Mayweather usually goes to the 6-8th round before really opening up on someone.

Soldato
The uppercut landed, that's what it did. Mcgregor had Mayweather up against the ropes several times with Mayweather actually sitting into the ropes while taking body shots, not exactly what i would expect "taps" to do.

Take off your selective memory filter and go watch it again as your rhetoric of "taps" is so redundant after a fresh viewing i'm embarrassed for you.

McGregor would get taken apart by a decent club fighter. He would be very lucky to win an Irish regional title.

Soldato
What control do the UFC have over boxing, Mayweather or have in that fight?

It was in boxings best interest for that fight to finish as early as possible, not to prolong it and potentially harm the sports and/or or Mayweather's reputation.

Who wants to watch a 10 minute show? that all this event was.

Soldato
Maybe/probably something in that but Mayweather rarely goes in for the kill in the early rounds under any circumstances. Even with McGregor leaving himself fairly open - it can be a costly mistake if you go on the offensive before getting the measure of an opponent. IIRC (though I'm not the biggest boxing fan so might have it wrong) Mayweather usually goes to the 6-8th round before really opening up on someone.

Valid points.

It was in boxings best interest for that fight to finish as early as possible, not to prolong it and potentially harm the sports and/or or Mayweather's reputation.

Dana probably slipped him an extra few million! Money talks. The way the fight turned out suited everyone, Mayweather got the stoppage and the UFC champ looked credible (to the masses at least). The average watcher probably doesn't feel conned for falling for the superb marketing exercise.

$350+ million floyd got for that!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! $750+ million from 3 fights alone!!! Hes not called money for nothing.....

He's quite fond of gambling and avoiding taxes apparently.

Caporegime
mayweather won by 19 points work it out.i like mcgregor but he was destroyed.

many people have no idea about boxing.i think personally mayweather drew it out longer for a rematch.he got 100 million .forget the bs thats what he got gregor got 30 million.hes thinking of another 100 million for a sparring session.the thing is what does connor have to lose from another bout ? oooh another 30 million which tbh he probably might not earn from mma fights.he would take it even to lose.

i think he gave it his best but its like a street fighter vs a boxer.boxer will win in the ring connor would win in the street.

Caporegime

SSSSH, don't talk sense. it makes the thread spin into a world of reality some people aren't comfortable with. :p

Soldato
Is there a gas leak in your house you're currently inhaling? :eek:

Forget the skill for a minute. McGregor looked gassed as ****. He can't even get the fitness correct for a $100m fight... back to school me thinks.

SSSSH, don't talk sense. it makes the thread spin into a world of reality some people aren't comfortable with. :p

Perhaps you are the one who needs to sober up. Try watching a few replays :D I don't think your boy landed a single power punch cleanly... and his power bar went to -9999999 before the stoppage. Fail.com

Soldato
Mayweather wouldn't last round in the Octagon, but he (Mayweather) would never agree to it anyway!
Mcgregor did well for his 1st pro boxing match. Perhaps we will see Mcgregor vs Malignaggi

Caporegime
Forget the skill for a minute. McGregor looked gassed as ****. He can't even get the fitness correct for a $100m fight... back to school me thinks.

Perhaps you are the one who needs to sober up. Try watching a few replays :D I don't think your boy landed a single power punch cleanly... and his power bar went to -9999999 before the stoppage. Fail.com

Firstly i don't drink, secondly, you're the one throwing out conspiracy theories about payoffs to make the fight last longer with zero evidence besides your own delusions :)

And i just got done watching the fight, so you would be wrong in basing some of your waffle on random replays.

As for looking gassed, he already explained that's how he goes before a second wind, check out the diaz fight, same thing happened there, so its not some random excuse he pulled out of his ass, much to your chagrin.

Soldato
Mayweather wouldn't last round in the Octagon, but he (Mayweather) would never agree to it anyway!
Mcgregor did well for his 1st pro boxing match. Perhaps we will see Mcgregor vs Malignaggi

Of course he wouldn't last around, probably not even the first exchange, nor would he last in a kick boxing fight, a taekwando fight, a jui jitsu fight, or a kendo fight.

Firstly i don't drink, secondly, you're the one throwing out conspiracy theories about payoffs to make the fight last longer with zero evidence besides your own delusions :)

And i just got done watching the fight, so you would be wrong in basing some of your waffle on random replays.

It is a theory, yes, I've not said otherwise. The facts are there though, McGregor turned up unprepared to last the distance, schoolboy error (unless you believe my theories :p). Good on you for not drinking :)

Back
Top Bottom