It's that time again. All advice appreciated.

Associate
Hey folks.

So the time has finally arrived where I believe I do actually need to upgrade from my old rig.
I currently use;
Asus 780ti
Intel i7 4820k
16gb corsair 2133hz ram
256gb Samsung ssd
1tb hdd
I have 2 decent 1080p monitors but I'm thinking to upgrade to 1440p and maybe ultra wide but open to thoughts around that.
Budget wise I would like to see something between the 1k and 2k mark. The latter must include a monitor though at that budget.

Your advice is muchly appreciated.

Associate
OP
So are we thinking that the only upgrades I currently require would be my GPU? I was thinking my cup could use an uplift but I'm not too savvy around what's best any more as I haven't been keeping an eye on things for a good 5 years.
I always thought my cpu was a bit of a bottleneck?
Also thoughts on ram moving to 3000mhz?

Cheers again

Soldato
So are we thinking that the only upgrades I currently require would be my GPU? I was thinking my cup could use an uplift but I'm not too savvy around what's best any more as I haven't been keeping an eye on things for a good 5 years.
I always thought my cpu was a bit of a bottleneck?
Also thoughts on ram moving to 3000mhz?

Cheers again

My basket at Overclockers UK:
Total: £1,381.68 (includes shipping: £11.70)

gets you a wide screen 1440p and gtx 1080ti to run it, still a LOT more powerful then current GPU. should take work off the CPU - but well worth overclocking the hell out of it.

see how you get on in games firstly with the above upgrade. would still leave you £600 to play with IF needs be

Total: £610.43 (includes shipping: £10.50)

would in theory be £2k all in or slightly cheaper with ryzen 2700

Total: £515.43 (includes shipping: £10.50)

again would try gpu+ screen, unless you will be playing latest AAA title like BF1/V, COD, AC:O and Hitman two were extra core count helps​

Soldato
If the OP is going for a new GPU then I would go for a 2080 or 2080 Ti.

think they might need 1440p screen to, had to double read, current on 1080p .

unless being picked up at another times with funds, then splash splash splash on the 2080ti... POWEEEEEEEEEEEEER *weeps at his gt 730*

Back
Top Bottom