It's that time again :-( ST220 owners!

Soldato
i've got conti sportcontact 3s and i quite like them..

not as good when compared to the vredsteins, PS2's or Eagles in my experience.

currently have vredsteins on the front on my CSL and will replace rear contis when they run out with these as they feel better than the contis, and probably about the same as PS2's without the price tag. :)

Soldato
Got the contis on my ST TDCI(same wheels as 220) tbh there on there as that's what came with the car, but they have been reasonably good and relatively long lasting. Think fronts were changed around 25k. They are expensive though so you are probably better off considering other tyres.

Soldato
Got the contis on my ST TDCI(same wheels as 220) tbh there on there as that's what came with the car, but they have been reasonably good and relatively long lasting. Think fronts were changed around 25k. They are expensive though so you are probably better off considering other tyres.

But for 25,000 miles, surely paying the extra is worth it?

Soldato
But for 25,000 miles, surely paying the extra is worth it?

There ridiculously priced though ie 130 a corner and that's a competitive price you'll see them for £170 often. Saying that theres still plenty of depth in the rears and have done 32k now lol. But my driving is mostly motorway miles so that probably extends life a fair bit.

Soldato
There ridiculously priced though ie 130 a corner and that's a competitive price you'll see them for £170 often. Saying that theres still plenty of depth in the rears and have done 32k now lol. But my driving is mostly motorway miles so that probably extends life a fair bit.

£130 is pretty good.

The average price for a tyre in that wheel size though is what, £100 a corner for some decent ones? And they last around 10k-15k miles? For an extra 10,000 thats an excellent price.

Associate
£130 is pretty good.

The average price for a tyre in that wheel size though is what, £100 a corner for some decent ones? And they last around 10k-15k miles? For an extra 10,000 thats an excellent price.

Continentals cost a lot of cash - When I replaced my alloys on my Mondeo, the guy had 2 spare tyres around 1/3 worn that were also contis and said I could have them for free or he'd take them to the tip. 2 weeks later Isold for them for £110 on ebay!

Man of Honour

You won't get an extra 10,000 miles out of a CS3.

Contisport Contact3 and Pilot Sport 2 are good tyres but the problem with them is that they are no better than other good tyres (Infact in some instances they are worse - neither are able to match the wet braking distance or the aquaplane resistence of either Eagle F1 or Vredstien Ultra Sessenta) but they cost CONSIDERABLY more money - you are looking at over £100-£150 a set more.

For what? I could never fit PS2's because the fact they take 2 CAR LENGTHS longer to pull up in the wet than either the Vreds or the Goodyears makes them an unacceptable tyre choice in my view. The fact you then need a bank loan just to buy them is the icing on the cake. They are fitted to the Z4 and they won't be there much longer.

Back
Top Bottom