It's too hot :(

weather was crazy here today chilly and foggy early on jumper needed, come 12.30 was warming up 21c according car dash at 15.30 was reading 29c.

Similar here in Stafford. Woke up to first fog this season, which would normally mark the start of Autumn. Dew on the grass as well. Late afternoon, 'twas 25C, roasting our socks off in a humid office. Only the board room (read: important people!) have air-con. Us lowly proles are stuck with noisy ageing desk fans, slightly yellowed in colour from decades of use.

I'll be glad when Autumn starts properly though as I prefer the cold.

Soldato
We've got a portable air conditioning unit but alas it can only be in 1 room at once, so I'm looking at getting another one.

The one we've got now - a Homebase TC-8031 - despite saying it needs to be drained has NEVER needed draining after 5+ years of heavy abuse. However looking at new ones, as ours is no longer for sale, and reading the reviews most seem to need to be drained frequently which sounds highly annoying.

Anyone know of a 8000-12000 BTU unit with a remote control that doesn't need to be drained regularly, or preferably never?

Soldato
We've got a portable air conditioning unit but alas it can only be in 1 room at once, so I'm looking at getting another one.

The one we've got now - a Homebase TC-8031 - despite saying it needs to be drained has NEVER needed draining after 5+ years of heavy abuse. However looking at new ones, as ours is no longer for sale, and reading the reviews most seem to need to be drained frequently which sounds highly annoying.

Anyone know of a 8000-12000 BTU unit with a remote control that doesn't need to be drained regularly, or preferably never?

I have a 15000 unit from http://www.climachill.co.uk/ and the water it collects is recycled inside to watercool the unit.

Some times I end up adding extra water, never had to empty it in years.

Back
Top Bottom