1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

It's too hot :(

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Upgrade, May 24, 2012.

1. Gee

Mobster

Kinda glad to be at work today, a lovely air conditioned office. I daren't step outside in the fear of spontaneously combusting with this heat & humidity. Please rain.

2. uncle_rufus

Mobster

I think that's just because of positioning... the showers some of us are getting are convective which makes it a lot harder to predict exactly where they will be because they effectively form in-place (compared to say, a big weather front, where you can almost just look at what's already there and the direction of the wind and see where it's heading)... if you get the precise location of a convective storm wrong then your forecast is instantly wrong in 2 places! Doesn't stop it being annoying though - I feel like they should just massively drop down the % chances to compensate (although then I guess people will complain for the opposite reason - "it only said 10% chance of rain!!!!")

3. Upgrade

Wise Guy

Says its 32c, but it's pretty cloudy. Also the wind. Its so incredibly windy.

4. Lunatic Dreyfus

Mobster

I won't miss this heatwave, anything above the low twenties and I start to suffer. As a result my job has been a bit of a torment these last six weeks or so.

There's a very nice and a times quite gusty southerly breeze that's built up since late morning in LU7. At the moment the breeze is blowing straight through my second floor flat. 'tis nice.

Still very hot (supposedly 31c), but now very cloudy outside. At this rate the weather should get quite entertaining later on.

5. Dirk

Wise Guy

14:00 and 34C here in Surrey now. :eek:

That's about as high as i've ever experienced in the last forty years. Please rain now!

6. 413x

Capodecina

Scorcher today! Walking out the office Was like getting off a plane in some tropical country

7. Diddums

Capodecina

My home town has the right idea :cool:

[​IMG]

8. nath247

Wise Guy

Went out for a walk earlier, bit cloudy over here but can feel very warm air blowing around, even a breeze of wind feels like hot air. Could see which buildings in the business park had AC and which ones didn't. Smaller buildings with all the windows open don't have AC and the bigger buildings with all the windows shut do. Soon retreated back to where I worked to be greeted by a nice wall of ice cold air upon entering.

9. Steedie

Man of Honour

Or they are like my last place where it's full of idiots who don't understand how air con works and open all the windows trying to cool it down further. Used to drive me up the wall

10. nath247

Wise Guy

My old place used to have the air con on and the radiators running at the same time... with the windows wide open.

Last edited: Jul 26, 2018
  11. robfosters

Caporegime

I feel so drained

12. Maccapacca

Tea

Working from home in my pants.

13. Panos

Capodecina

14. Digital X

Sgarrista

29c here. Just had a power cut. Not due back till 5pm!! No fridge freezer etc no fan. Expected to hit 35c in a few days.

15. Steedie

Man of Honour

16. Screeeech

Mobster

I've been in the US Southwest for the last 3 weeks, it's all just sandstone and desert - when flying back I love seeing the lurid green lush UK countryside, not this time,

I took this pic from the plane of the midlands, as we were approaching Heathrow;

[​IMG]

17. cyber69

Wise Guy

Had my portable AC unit in the shed for about 5 years until I sold it because it was never used, now wish I had it!

18. Droolinggimp

Mobster

30c in Derby currently. The family spent a good few hours at Markeaton Park today, packed, hot and got hotter. A breeze occasionally drifted around but if it happened when the sun was out of cloud cover it was a really hot breeze. I feel sorry for my fellow work mates today. We work in a carvery kitchen. That job is not fun carving with the hot deck on and heat lamps... Touched 38oc on the deck yesterday whilst I was carving.

19. Steedie

Man of Honour

Just hit 33 :(

Urgh

20. billysielu

Capodecina

Made a trip to asda to buy all the cold things. Found out they've stopped giving away carrier bags, nowhere local left to shop that gives bags, fml.