1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

It's too hot :(

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Upgrade, May 24, 2012.

1. AndyCr15

Sgarrista

But it's so easy to warm yourself up a little. It's so much harder to keep yourself cool when it gets really hot.

Stay like this please, just less rain!

2. azazl187

Wise Guy

Play some more demanding games, the room will soon heat up :D

3. Rroff

Man of Honour

Unfortunately don't have a decent camera with me but the view out of my window this morning is quite nice:

[​IMG]

Doesn't look like it is going to be a June kind of day though but atleast drier and warmer than the torrential rain we had yesterday.

4. XeNoN89

Sgarrista

Could be getting up to the mid 30's next week. Will be the first uncomfortable weather this year

5. labcoattech

Hitman

Need to get the summer duvet out as last night was uncomfortable. Having checked the weather forecast it's showing rain and thunder from Sunday onwards.

6. Gypo

Hitman

Today's ECM 12z run puts us well and truly in the furnace, and by the end of the run we may well be hit by the azores high for another blast of heat.

Hot, humid and unbearable in some parts of the UK....Netweather's 'FEELS LIKE' temperature for Thursday is as high as 45c for some parts, with a 2m air temperature of low 30s.

We are still at T+120h so it could track NW or retreat if a low was to develop which is looking highly unlikely.

7. Kreeeee

Man of Honour

It will be 38C here next week!

8. Gypo

Hitman

Forgot to add that there is a small possibility of a north easterly developing that would seriously harm temperatures in the east and south east midweek.

9. bliss

Wise Guy

And where is here? Surely not the UK. :p

Just checked the weather forecast for the first time in a few days. I see it's finally going to warm up to something more suitable for the time of year yet it'll be doing nothing but rain. So typical. :(

Summer solstice today and yet still no summer. It'll be over before we know it. :p

edit: Checked the 10 day forecast (and taken with a pinch of salt). I see after the few warmer days, the beginning of July goes back to being thoroughly underwhelming/borderline depressing in our neck of the woods.

Last edited: Jun 21, 2019
  10. Kreeeee

Man of Honour

Christ no, you guys have had your 2 days of summer already.

11. Megahurtz400

Sgarrista

Just checked Netweather and the FEELS LIKE for next Thursday for my area is 47c!!!

12. bliss

Wise Guy

We have?!?! Dammit I must have missed them. :(:D

13. Dirk

Wise Guy

It's already too hot. Heatwave on the way. Kill me now.

14. BowdonUK

Wise Guy

I've been monitoring my room with a temperature device recently and it regularly gets up to 26c.

I think its the loft insulation we had done a few years ago that's keeping too much heat inside the house. I need an ac going 24/7 just to keep the temps reasonable, and we're not even in summer yet.. argh!

15. MrMarvelous

Soldato

Currently have all windows open and it's 26C here in the shire of Derby.

Oh mah lawd!

16. UberTiger

Mobster

It's going to get up to 30 degrees next weekend. Just ordered myself one of the portable units for my bedroom before they sell out again. Not going another summer of melting into my chair if we have multiple heatwaves.

17. Blackjack Davy

Mobster

Theres a weird temperature inversion here buildings are much cooler inside than out indoors you put on trousers or a sweatshirt because its chilly but step out the front door and you're confronted by a wall of heat its cloudy, breezy and 26c outside and its wheres me shorts?!

Oh god not again. Think i'm going to emigrate to Yorkshire or something where temperatures are more sensible. Do new build houses have aircon as standard these days? If not they probably ought to in the SE at least.

Last edited: Jun 23, 2019
  18. Rroff

Man of Honour

Nope not usually - not really worth it for the like handful of days we get that are actually hot enough to need it.

19. Jokester

Don

Off to Milan on Tuesday, 38degC forecast :o

20. UberTiger

Mobster

There's a ton of new builds near me in London and they all have custom HVAC systems and you can see massive wall mounted AC units on the exterior. These aren't normal houses though, but top of the line multi million pound fully tricked out custom new builds. Would be mad not to if you're building from scratch IMO.

If I was building any kind of basic or modest new build myself from on some land though I'd definitely have the architect plan in a cooling duct system. It's got to be relatively cost effective compared to the entire build to plan ahead for it.

My housemate goes there regularly, luckily the places he stays usually have AC. Apparently the internet sucks there though, lol