itunes and radio1?

Soldato
hi guys?

anyone know how to get radio1 on itunes? can't see it in the listing...

i think you can do it with media player but i much prefer itunes for my music... media player for vids :)

so... radio1?

Soldato
radio1 streams using either real or windows media. i don't think itunes supports either of those. :p

if you're running vista, i believe there is a sidebar gadget that will play bbc radio. :)

Soldato
OP
no i dont run vista... so apart from the bloated way WMP does the job are there any alternatives? (bar Real Player obviuosly, sod that :D)

Soldato
yes it does look dated but it's main use is for dvd or video file watching. so you don't a fancy ui/features. :)

by installing real alternative, you don't have to use it. it also installs real media plugins for your web browser so you can use that if you want. :)

Soldato
OP
marc2003 said:
by installing real alternative, you don't have to use it. it also installs real media plugins for your web browser so you can use that if you want. :)
could you elaborate on that bit i can't get my head round what you mean... why would i install real alternative not to use it?

does MPC have its own codecs and stuff or does my ffdshow still need to do its part?

Soldato
real alternative is the backend - codecs you need to view real media files. it comes bundled with a mpc as the front end. i was just saying you don't have to use to use mpc to view real media content - embedded content in a browser works just fine. there might even be other players that can use the real alternative codecs... :)

you definitely still need to keep ffdshow. infact that's pretty much all i use....

ffdshow + real alternative + quicktime alternative

i then use mpc to play all my video files and foobar for music. :)

Soldato
OP
oh ok sounds good guys :)

i just went on the radio one site to the real player bit (somewhere i'd never have gone before) and i downloaded the "ram" file...

it is now on my desktop and when i click it a nice small instance of mpc pops up and plays radio1 for me... why had i never discovered this before??? thanks people :)

is this what most people do? is the quality up there/better than the windows media player method? (which doesnt seem as neat)

Back
Top Bottom