ITX - Custom Loop

Associate
This looks really good. I love ITX it's so much more of an achievement getting all this inside a real ITX case and not some really huge thing.

My only custom was in an ITX case. Evolv ITX. Really tight couldn't get 2 rads.

I have my heart set on getting a Parvum R1 (I think it's R1, the one with a seperate space at the bottom for 2 360 rads) but i wanted to add a reservoir into the case and that doubles the price lol. Shame I have fallen out of love with pc gaming as of now so it won't be anytime soon.

Soldato
OP
Inspired by @Smffy and his earlier idea, I've managed to get the reservoir fixed in place.

dsVHBd4.jpg

hZSC7xo.jpg

PDwy3XJ.jpg

Over the last couple of weeks, I've been picking up some bits and bobs in the MM and I decided to change Motherboard

I've put all the hardware and cables into the case and now it's time for more pipe... And it's looking like a proper little challenge to hook it all up. :)

emoWEuE.jpg

GMfHfYW.jpg

Soldato
OP
I've managed to get a couple of hours in this morning, but weather is glorious so will have to down tools for now. :)

Most of the bends now are unique angles, so I thought I'd share a little technique involving a piece of copper wire.

R9ToAx7.jpg

8XGCA1K.jpg

uKMGcMW.jpg

5DTTrN9.jpg

Another very simple technique for working out the size of bends when entries are quite far apart is to place a straight edge across the front of the case for a reference point.

El7oXeJ.jpg

asRNAAg.jpg

lkQjKxi.jpg

EW7lCMd.jpg

sW0Yb9l.jpg

I'm pleased to say that now I've piped it up, I don't need to do anything with the GPU as it's now sitting much better. I'm ready to fill with water and get some testing done now... ;)

Soldato
OP
I've finally got around to looking at performance figures (sitting in the garden's been a more pressing priority in this weather :p).

Unfortunately, the only "stock" way of controlling fan speed is via CPU temperature and motherboard PWM curves. With CPU and GPU @ stock settings and the CPU fan curve on silent mode, the GPU peaks around 54C and the CPU around 74C. Although this is acceptable ... for a water cooled system, that's too high.

In my experience, the best way to control fans is via an Aquaero linked to water temperature. I've got one available but I'm not going to install it right now as this PC will be my second system until I'm ready to upgrade the CPU/MoBo combination. It's not getting much action at all as my son prefers his PS4 for Fortnite with his friends. :(

Phase 1 of this wee project is now complete, and while I await the release of a CPU to do it justice... I've done a little bit of prep work on the cooling system that I'm intending to pair it up with. :)

gYs5z7m.jpg

Back
Top Bottom