ITX intel SFF recommendations..

Soldato
I’d like to build a new sff server for my True NAS setup, but need a new mobo to build it around. I have a case and PSU I want to reuse, but looking for recommendations…

Ideally it needs to be:
ITX size
DDR3 (so I can reuse my Ram).
1xNVME slot (full size)
1Gb Lan
integrated graphics

I planned to get a low power matching. 8th /9th gen Intel CPU to match but appreciate it would all be second hand based on this.

I saw this no brand one on Fleabay which seems to tick boxes but I’m questioning reliability of such a model.

Thoughts?

Soldato
I’d like to build a new sff server for my True NAS setup, but need a new mobo to build it around. I have a case and PSU I want to reuse, but looking for recommendations…

Ideally it needs to be:
ITX size
1xNVME slot (full size)
1Gb Lan
integrated graphics

I planned to get a low power matching. 8th /9th gen Intel CPU to match but appreciate it would all be second hand based on this.

I saw this no brand one on Fleabay which seems to tick boxes but I’m questioning reliability of such a model.

Thoughts?

PUKE !!!! what is that ?????

What about something like this, at least its a reputable company: https://www.gigabyte.com/Motherboard/GA-E6010N-rev-10#kf

They make a few different ones: https://www.gigabyte.com/Motherboard/All-Series?fid=2559,2577

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
PUKE !!!! what is that ?????

What about something like this, at least its a reputable company: https://www.gigabyte.com/Motherboard/GA-E6010N-rev-10#kf

They make a few different ones: https://www.gigabyte.com/Motherboard/All-Series?fid=2559,2577
Better brand, but no NVME :( also I’d rather go with a stand alone CPU instead of an APU.. just so there is some upgrade path later as I’m not 100% sure how much processing power I’ll need longer term. But will certainly need to be transcoding a few streams at once as it doubles as a plex server

Man of Honour
Ideally it needs to be:
ITX size
1xNVME slot (full size)
1Gb Lan
integrated graphics
I don't know about the mini/laptop size stuff, but in a standard desktop format, these requirements are likely to mean 6th-7th because they're the latest CPUs that can support DDR3 and earlier CPUs are less likely to have M.2 slots.

FYI: H110 is officially 1151v1 and this is 6th-7th gen unless they're selling a modded board. 8th-9th is 1151v2.

Soldato
OP
I don't know about the mini/laptop size stuff, but in a standard desktop format, these requirements are likely to mean 6th-7th because they're the latest CPUs that can support DDR3 and earlier CPUs are less likely to have M.2 slots.

FYI: H110 is officially 1151v1 and this is 6th-7th gen unless they're selling a modded board. 8th-9th is 1151v2.
The details say it’s an H311 chipset, the H110 is just the model number .. but I was also super confused by this

Man of Honour
The details say it’s an H311 chipset, the H110 is just the model number .. but I was also super confused by this
I'm 99% sure this is a factory modded board, where they use whatever they can get their hands on and then firmware/BIOS mod it. There are no official chipsets that support 6th - 9th gen and I doubt Intel would permit it.

Soldato
It isn't worth getting an older board and using an old Intel CPU (if you don't already have the CPU), just to re-use your ram.
I'd look at an older B350 ITX board and an AMD APU (low end undervolted, or a GE model), or just find some cheaper used DDR4.

Memory is cheap, so I'd just ignore the DDR3 you already own.

Back
Top Bottom