Ivan Gazidis quits Arsenal

Caporegime
this was coming for a while I feel, but I’m not too sad. He had a nothing career at Arsenal and was part of the trio responsible for years of stagnation. He was complicit in keeping Wenger at the club long past his sell by date. Certainly no David Dein, that’s for sure.

I was worried that he would be replaced by Kroenke’s son Josh, but that doesn’t seem to be the case and the job is being split between a head of football and a managing director, both appointed from within the club.

What difference this will make, if any, I don’t know, but I’m not too fussed to see him leave and wish him all the best in his new job at AC Milan. The luck beggar has somehow wrangled shares in the club as well as a stonking £1m a year salary increase!

Caporegime
OP
Isn’t this the sort of news which just goes in the club thread? Can’t imagine anyone cares!
Maybe you don't, but you're not an Arsenal fan.

I went by Baz' guidelines. Gazidis is a very major player at Arsenal and has been at the forefront of the clubs struggles in recent years. Tbf, I guarantee there would be a separate thread if Ed Woodward or Peter Moore quit. I thought this might get a few more replies than it did, and I as I am walking a tightrope in the Arsenal thread for mistakenly posting stuff I thought belonged in there, I didn't want to risk anything.

Back
Top Bottom