I've gone and done it

Man of Honour
Got my first points :(

73mph in a 50 on the A449 Kidderminster - Worcester.

Coming back from a stag weekend. It was a dual carriage way with no other cars on. it had a mobile speed sign up and I slowed down before hitting that. But it was on a straight stretch at least 2 miles long. So must have got me before the sign.

I'm going to accept it on the chin. One problem I can't for the life of me find the paper counterpart to my driving license. What can I do? As they need it within 28days as they appear to be offering £60 and 3 points which I'm pleased as I thought it might be 6points..

Helpppp

Last edited:
Man of Honour
OP
yeh it's a best of a bad result.

The form says I can phone dvla and get a license sent out within 48hours. So hope that works ok. Probably cost an arm and a leg for a fast delivery like that..

Ahh well, Live and learn.. :).

How about insurance do I have to declare it? or only when I renew?

Soldato
Ring up DVLA say you have lost BOTH parts of your licene and they will charge you ~£20 iirc and will arrive in a day or so.

I was in *** same boat as you, when I rang them up and told them i lost the paper part they said I had to fill the form in.

So rang back siad lost both bits 2 days later it arrived

Kimbie

Man of Honour
OP
LewisStuart said:
73, what was that indicated? about 80? :eek:
it wont be that much out. All I can say is I was glad. I was tiered and wanted to get home from a long weekend. So getting caught in the 70's wasn't a bad result, I could have easily lost my license as the roads were empty and large.

Nikumba said:
Ring up DVLA say you have lost BOTH parts of your licene and they will charge you ~£20 iirc and will arrive in a day or so.

I was in *** same boat as you, when I rang them up and told them i lost the paper part they said I had to fill the form in.

Kimbie

Thank heavens for that, I really don't wont to go to court as I would get more points and a much larger fine. Closed Sundays though :(. Have to phone up tomorrow.

Associate
Nikumba said:

Kimbie

Exactly the same thing happened to me, seems a bit of a silly rule.... now I have two paper parts. ;)

Was £17.50 for I think, about 1 year ago.

Man of Honour
OP
Scarfacé said:
Exactly the same thing happened to me, seems a bit of a silly rule.... now I have two paper parts. ;)

Was £17.50 for I think, about 1 year ago.

You two are great. I'm not worried about the £60 and the points, poo happens and you can't change it, so why worry. I was just worrying about the license.

Man of Honour
OP
triggerthat said:
Am guessing you found out because of the letter through the post or did they follow you and stop you?

The lovely letter through the post...

I had a pretty good idea they might of got me. It was just a matter of where the camera was pointing on the road. Glad they weren't pointing it any further up the road.

Permabanned
AcidHell2 said:
Glad they weren't pointing it any further up the road.
How fast were you going there, then? Or don't I wanna know :p

Yeah you are quite lucky considering. I've only been done for speeding once and I wasn't so lucky :)

Man of Honour
OP
dirtydog said:
How fast were you going there, then? Or don't I wanna know :p

Yeah you are quite lucky considering. I've only been done for speeding once and I wasn't so lucky :)

lets say i was doing up and over ...>> 3 figures for a lot of the way :eek:

Man of Honour
OP
Tesla said:
Obviously that speed is in km/h. ;)

off course...

it just seems to sit comfortably;ly at about 112km/h on big straight roads.

well yesterday after I found out and was driving I kept more or less to the speed limits. lets just hope this it stays that way.

Back
Top Bottom