I've now recieved my LG 32GP850-B

I couldn't cope with a dead or stuck pixel while working. A spec of dust on the screen drives me crazy. I doubt I'd notice it while gaming though.
Once you know it's there, you will always notice it, and it will drive you crazy :p

Would always return any screen with a dead (sub)pixel.

I just picked up a LG 38GL950 for $1300 on amazon. I'm gonna keep the X38 for the week and compare to the LG and then make my ultimate decision.

As amazing as the G7 is it's gonna go back regardless. Once you go ultrawide it's very hard to go back!

I've just had an email from Overclockers:
Your Order has been packed and is in the process of being shipped.

I really hope it lives up to my expectations.

Same here :)
The LG 32GP850-B arrived yesterday afternoon.

DPD had dropped the box and one of the corners was smashed open.
Fortunately it was where the polystyrene is thickest in the corner near where the cables were stored and the screen and stand were far enough away to escape any noticeable damage.

I now have the monitor up and running and it is certainly an improvement on my old 27" Samsung S27H850 PLS(IPS) monitor.

Compared to my old Samsung, there is less IPS glow, but there is a small amount of "backlight bleed through" along the lower edge near the bottom right corner.
I guess that could be due to the edge of the screen being pinched by the frame, but it's not enough to tempt me to open the case and try to loosen any fasteners in that corner. (yet)

As to setting it up, I'm experimenting with various picture settings/modes and currently have it set on the sRGB default but with the brightness turned up to 40.
I would be keen to know what settings you find best once your monitor arrives and you get to set it up.

The LG 32GP850-B arrived yesterday afternoon.

DPD had dropped the box and one of the corners was smashed open.
Fortunately it was where the polystyrene is thickest in the corner near where the cables were stored and the screen and stand were far enough away to escape any noticeable damage.

I now have the monitor up and running and it is certainly an improvement on my old 27" Samsung S27H850 PLS(IPS) monitor.

Compared to my old Samsung, there is less IPS glow, but there is a small amount of "backlight bleed through" along the lower edge near the bottom right corner.
I guess that could be due to the edge of the screen being pinched by the frame, but it's not enough to tempt me to open the case and try to loosen any fasteners in that corner. (yet)

As to setting it up, I'm experimenting with various picture settings/modes and currently have it set on the sRGB default but with the brightness turned up to 40.
I would be keen to know what settings you find best once your monitor arrives and you get to set it up.

Naughty DPD! My unit arrived without incident.

QA wise I found I also have a little backlight bleed in the bottom right. I'd have a go at correcting if I could find a video on opening the panel, but at the moment the plastic frame feels a little too flimsy to mess about with at the risk of leaving marks.

I also have a preference for sRGB for normal use, but with the brightness turned down to 15. I'm surprised how good games such as They Are Billions look at this level. I've left the overclock option off and changed the Adaptive-Sync to Extended as I'm using a 3080. I've also turned the Power LED and Automatic Standby options off. What blew me away though was when I fired up Metro Exodus Enhanced and swapped the Game Mode over to HDR Effect, WOW!

I do notice a very welcome increase in size from 27" 1440p to 32", but I don't notice any more pixelation. I recommend running the Windows ClearType utility to adjust fonts though. I'd also recommend downloading the OSD software from LG (LG 32GP850-B Product Support :Manuals, Warranty & More | LG U.K.), which will also manage firmware updates. Be warned, the updates can take a little time, don't switch off during!

Overall I'm impressed with the panel for picture quality, ease of use and the price.

Naughty DPD! My unit arrived without incident.

QA wise I found I also have a little backlight bleed in the bottom right. I'd have a go at correcting if I could find a video on opening the panel, but at the moment the plastic frame feels a little too flimsy to mess about with at the risk of leaving marks.

I also have a preference for sRGB for normal use, but with the brightness turned down to 15. I'm surprised how good games such as They Are Billions look at this level. I've left the overclock option off and changed the Adaptive-Sync to Extended as I'm using a 3080. I've also turned the Power LED and Automatic Standby options off. What blew me away though was when I fired up Metro Exodus Enhanced and swapped the Game Mode over to HDR Effect, WOW!

I do notice a very welcome increase in size from 27" 1440p to 32", but I don't notice any more pixelation. I recommend running the Windows ClearType utility to adjust fonts though. I'd also recommend downloading the OSD software from LG (LG 32GP850-B Product Support :Manuals, Warranty & More | LG U.K.), which will also manage firmware updates. Be warned, the updates can take a little time, don't switch off during!

Overall I'm impressed with the panel for picture quality, ease of use and the price.
I agree with you about the backlight bleed - I don't think it's bad enough to risk opening the panel - maybe with time it will turn into an itch that has to be scratched.

I also found the fonts a little blurry and ran the Windows ClearType utility a few days ago.

The only settings on the monitor that I have changed from default are as follows:
  • Game Mode >>> sRGB
  • Picture Adjust >>> Brightness >>> 40
  • General >>> Automatic Standby >>> Off
  • General >>> Buzzer >>> Off
  • (The Power LED is already set to Off by default)
Edited to add: additional settings that I have changed from default are as follows:
  • General >>> User-defined Key 1 >>> FPS Counter
  • General >>> User-defined Key 2 >>> Crosshair
  • General >>> Smart Energy Saving >>> Off
I've just downloaded the OSD software (thanks for the link) and I will attempt to update the firmware later this evening.

Last edited:
I've installed the software but no firmware update is available to me at the moment.
Did you actually get offered and update the firmware on your 32GP850 ?

Yes. It took a few minutes to install. Have you connected the USB cable, though I'm not sure it's required?

The settings available within the OSD software lists - Monitor Software update - LG ULTRAGEAR (3.06, 4.17).

Yes. It took a few minutes to install. Have you connected the USB cable, though I'm not sure it's required?

The settings available within the OSD software lists - Monitor Software update - LG ULTRAGEAR (3.06, 4.17).
I hadn't connected the USB cable properly.
I've now refitted the USB cable (making sure it's pushed fully in this time) and have just updated it thanks (it took just under 20 minutes).
I'm not sure what it fixes and I can't see any differences, but it's done now.

I do notice a very welcome increase in size from 27" 1440p to 32", but I don't notice any more pixelation.
Likewise, I'm also impressed with this panel.

Once on my desk, the actual size of the 32" was a bit of a surprise, but I very quickly got used to it and the 27" seems so much smaller now.
My previous monitor is a 27" 60Hz 1440 Samsung and the extra immersion in games from the 32" panel is most welcome.

I've started wearing glasses in the last few years so any differences in pixelation are probably beyond the scope of what my eyes could differentiate.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom