Jack Thompson needs help.

Permabanned
Literally.

The Florida Bar, responsible for the regulation and discipline of attorneys, has ordered obsessed anti-videogame attorney Jack Thompson to undergo psychological testing, and suspended his law license for 91 days.

According to an email sent from Thompson to GamePolitics.com, Thompson was issued these latest orders during a mediation between himself and Florida Bar, discussing a disciplinary hearing against Thompson for complaints regarding his professional conduct during the GTA and Bully cases.

"Mediation failed today because there was no mediation whatsoever...," read the email. "[Florida Bar official] Ms. Tuma not only did not move off her [suspension] demand one iota, not one smidgeon, but she instead upped her demand by requiring that Thompson undergo a battery of psychological tests as part of the fabulous deal The Bar offered him." So it didn't go too well eh, Thompson?

"Thompson is not the one who needs a psych evaluation," the email concludes.

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=167210

Soldato
I realise GP is just doing it's job and reporting anything involving games in law and politics and the like, but Thompson just uses the damn site liek a soapbox half the time. The fact that he's telling them about this latest development just shows how much of an attention whore the man is.

He's not a good lawyer, he's barely able to form a coherent argument half the time, and he only seem to revel in winding people up to get responses out of them. The sooner he's just ignored, and dealt with through the proper channels, the better.

Associate
the guys a 'tard nothing can stop him now ...
my plan is to play phoenix wright all weekend - that way I can train as an attorney and take his ass down 'a few good men' stylee :)

Back
Top Bottom