Jade dies

Caporegime
My God! the ******* hypocrisy and pseudo sypathy in here is unbelievable; after all the jokes whilst she was dying and many other extremely poor taste posts about other subjects, to come out with 'we don't speak ill of the dead' is absolute tosh!
I'm sure that some people will be lolling at emails and txts received already though they probably won't now have the balls to post 'em here.

I'm sure that some people are genuine in their feelings of sypathy and I apologise to them but stand by what I said above for most others.

I could have started another thread but as it has been derailed already ....

Bite me. I never wished any ill on her during her life and didn't laugh when she was dying. And now, as I said, I won't speak ill of a dead woman on the day she died.

Check my post history before accusing me of hypocrisy, toolbag.

Man of Honour
This is the one thing I hate about society, the fake sympathy and feelings of sadness for people who we didn't know, its just an excuse for the masses to jump on the grief bandwagon and the media love it, this basically means that there will be no decent news for the next two weeks while the circus begins.

Thats not to say it isn't sad when someone so young dies, but the media attention is ridiculous. I am sure max clifford and her criminal husband will milk this money train dry

And yet another thread for her....

Soldato
Bite me. I never wished any ill on her during her life and didn't laugh when she was dying. And now, as I said, I won't speak ill of a dead woman on the day she died.

Check my post history before accusing me of hypocrisy, toolbag.

My post was not specifically aimed at you but you said "we" not "I" which I took to mean the OcUK GD forum posters; I also apologised to any genuine sypathisers.

Associate
what is Gordon doing....

Prime Minister Gordon Brown said he was "deeply saddened" by the news and described Goody as "a courageous woman both in life and death".

Associate
This is the one thing I hate about society, the fake sympathy and feelings of sadness for people who we didn't know, its just an excuse for the masses to jump on the grief bandwagon and the media love it, this basically means that there will be no decent news for the next two weeks while the circus begins.

Thats not to say it isn't sad when someone so young dies, but the media attention is ridiculous. I am sure max clifford and her criminal husband will milk this money train dry

It must be some kind of Darwinian leftover, we feel for someone as the media has painted a picture of them for us. People come on here (and probably other forums) to express their feelings of loss when there is no tangible reason to do so.

As for Max Clifford, I can't think of anyone who has degraded contemporary British society so much to make a buck, then again, it's more the fault of the readers of garbage such as OK.

I wonder how many children of British soldiers dying in Iraq, who are trying to do something constructive for our society (rightly or wrongly) will get £700,000?

Permabanned
RIP. She was a great woman, deserving of media attention, undeserving the bad things that have been said about her. A great role model for generations to come. Her unique and horrible case was a real eye opener.

Oh... wait...

Soldato
what is Gordon doing....

Prime Minister Gordon Brown said he was "deeply saddened" by the news and described Goody as "a courageous woman both in life and death".

Commenting on one of the largest news stories in the british media today... what most prime ministers do?

I know its not exactly a shock revelation, but its fair that he commented. I guess battling through cancer and not giving up right away does take courage, regardless of what you think of her

Soldato
It must be some kind of Darwinian leftover, we feel for someone as the media has painted a picture of them for us. People come on here (and probably other forums) to express their feelings of loss when there is no tangible reason to do so.

As for Max Clifford, I can't think of anyone who has degraded contemporary British society so much to make a buck, then again, it's more the fault of the readers of garbage such as OK.

Whilst I agree with you (partly), I also understand completely why Jade Goody is so talked about in the media. She sells papers afterall and is interesting to people.

Does that mean that you or I should care? No, of course it doesn't. But I still understand the popularity of her story. Its damn good business.

Last edited:
Associate
r.i.p

i think its a bit ironic how she made sure it was all in the press to make money for her children but then she died on mothers day a couple of hours too late to make the morning papers, sad that she died so young and i feel sorry for her kids

Associate
what is Gordon doing....

I didn't think much to Jade Goody as she came across as just a loud mouth but then to be fair I didn't know much about her seeing as I can't stand 'reality' tv shows. It seems to me she was poorly educated and got lucky on big brother giving her a chance to make a living from being in the media spotlight, any person with a half a brain would do that if they had the chance. She's never done anything to hurt anyone apart from a so called racist comment which I read in the paper, something about a poppadom or something which is just ridiculous.

Since she was diagnosed with Cancer I now have a lot of respect for her. I myself have lost someone close from Cancer and I know how hard it is for that person to know they are dying and watching them struggle to make sure the people they leave behind will be ok and the horrible feeling of hopelessness knowing you aren't going to be there to care for your loved ones anymore.

People criticise her for getting all this media attention whilst she was dying, but can you imagine how hard it's been for her to accept that she's dying and to say goodbye to her kids and to also have to deal with the media everyday? Dealing with the media when you are suffering badly knowing you have very little time left would be the last thing you would feel like doing. She's done a very selfless act to make sure her kids are well provided for and many people wouldn't have been able to do what she has done.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom