JeanTech PSU

Associate
Hi,
As you have noticed from my thread below, my Hiper Type R PSU Blew up on me... So Instead of waiting another week or 2 to get it replaced, I was just going to goto "A big shop that sells overpriced parts" and grab one from their... I have noticed they have a Jeantech 450Watt PSU for £40 and might go and get one tomorrow. I just wanted to know, is JEANTECH any good?

Thanks

Last edited:
Jeantech are not the worst PSU manufacturers in the world but I'd go for a Hiper over it. Jeantech are okay but I think if you push them past their normal useage they might start to cause problems.

yea, but my Hiper died within 1 second of use which has sort of put me off... And I realy want to play games now and want to see if anymore damage has been done ;)

Might just get the Jeantech... did a calcualtion and it said my system would use 280watt so I think a 450watt would be fine...

Damn, Even my No Brand £5 250watt PSU I bought from a computer fair 2 years ago has lasted Longer than my Hiper :(

Last edited:
I use to have a jeantech which came from store your talking about. Was very quite and still going strong in dads comp now. Didnt have any probs with it and rails seemed fairly stable.

KizZ said:
How about an FSP PSU?

No No!!!

Why have I not been on my pc for 2 days ?

My FSP 400w ... after 1 week blew, I guess I will have to get a replacement, which I am not happy about due to me posting it back...

On a cheap £13 400w psu now... - SPARE :(

Currently on a £5 Computer Fair PSU on my old computer (On im on now) and this has been going for 2 years!!... Which is Mad seen as its only 250watt and its powering Lots of stuff...

think I will just get it and get a refund on the Hiper, I just cant wait any longer :(... I Realy liked the Hiper Design as well (The way the Cables are covered in that stuff to keep them nice and tidy) but I realy dont want to risk switching another one on without some bomb proof safety gear for myself :P hehe...

At least if its from that "Big shop with over priced stuff" I could take it back and have a replacement / refund in 5 minutes without haveing to wait a week or so :(

Had a quick sniff and I can only smell Dead electronics on the PSU so hopefully the rest is fine.

Jeantech are all right, just because the reseller is naff don't mean all the items they sell are. ( they sell AMD chips, does that mean all AMD chips are naff?). I had the same problem than you in that I needed a replacement psu the same day ( work comp ) and the one I got works fine. ( bit overpriced by a tenner but compare that to droping a days or twos work as no comp ).

Babyface UK

it seems all power supplies are unreliable from what people on these forums are saying like my FSP blew up, my seasonic went boom etc etc so just get any psu it cant be any more unreliable than another

personally I think the Cheap ones seem Best :P... I cant beleive how my current £5 250watt one is managing to power the same setup for 2 years -

Mother Board
512MB DDR RAm
1700+ Athlon XP
2x IDE Harddrives
1x DVD Burner
1x DVDRom
2x Floppies
LCD Screen on front
Geforce 4200 128mb
Creative Sound Card
5x case fans

Mad :P

Anyway, Got the Jeantech £39.97 from that big shop :P... Presonally after seeing their prices today, they dont seem that bad now for some things!!!! DFI Lan Party Nforce 4 Ultra SLi Motherboard Socket 939 for £59.99 !!! Wish I got that board now :( hehe...

Will post the results :)

Update -

removed Type R... Their is Definatly Something loose in their, can here it rattling about...

Last edited:
OH YEA :D... Got the JeanTech in and its Working Great :)

One good thing about the Hiper is they dont seem to kill anything else when they go bang :p

now to install All the drivers etc etc :)

Back
Top Bottom