JetSeat KW-908 and Obutto Revolution Mod - Long post warning.

Associate
I want to share my latest chair/cockpit mod and I am not quite sure where I should post this, so mods feel free to move.

I have been playing around with my Oculus Rift and have enjoyed quite a few driving flight sims using it, but wanted a bit more immersion. I had considered using a butt kicker or making my own version of it, but then I discovered the Jetseat KW-908.

For those that don't know, the Jetseat is a cushion for your chair. It features 8 motors that are connected via a single USB plug to your PC and will provide force feedback from the game to the 'massage' motors. SimVibe and SimShaker software is used to control the effects for quite a few supported games and for those games that aren't supported it can be used like the butt kicker and sue your sound card.

-asus-all-in-one-et2030auk-b002w--19.5_1140%20Small.jpg

2016-12-11_17-52-58%202.png

It even has a massage function. :D

I bought the cover and it fitted my Obutto and I found that it really added to my games, I cant drive/fly without it. The black and orange cover is a bit ugly and tends to move a little on the seat, so I decided to integrate it.:cool:

I took started by stripping down the seat cover and discovered that it had 8 motors that provided the vibration effect, so labeled them up so that I knew where each one went.

Resized_20170211_181213%20Small.jpg

I then cut through the wires above motors 3 and 4 and added additional wiring, as the Obutto seat is a recliner and the seat and back rest are separate. My plan was to reconnect the upper and lower half of the Jetseat via plugs that could then be tucked away under the Obutto seat.

Here are a couple of pictures showing the Obutto being stripped and the motors being inserted.

Resized_20170211_175509%20Small_1.jpg

Resized_20170211_175857%20Small.jpg

Resized_20170211_182116%20Small_1.jpg

I had to cut a hollow where I wanted the motors to fit, but the Obutto has quite a deep cushion and back rest. To help blend the motors in, I added some 10mm foam cushion to the top with spray adhesive to hold it all in place.

Resized_20170211_182723%20Small_1.jpg

I did the back section of the Obutto seat and re-assembled everything and attached a pair of mini plugs to connect the JetSeat wiring back up.

Resized_20170211_203215%20Small_1.jpg

Resized_20170211_213113%20Small_1.jpg

Resized_20170211_213204%20Small_1.jpg

The whole thing took me a couple of hours and the Obutto seat was easy to strip back, and a pair of hog ring pliers made re-attaching the fabric back together a doddle.

It was an easy mod and when looking at the chair apart from the 2 wire exiting the seat you cant tell it has been done.... That is until you fire up Project Cars or War thunder. :eek:

The motors really do provide great feed back, and the only noise you can hear is a slight hum like an electric tooth brush, but that's really only noticeable if you decide you want a massage while surfing the web.:D The hum is normally drowned out by the game music or sound effects when playing games.

Thanks for looking.:cool:

Back
Top Bottom