Job Agency calls

Soldato
I was out of work from January 11 - August 11, I still get a few calls here and there from job agencies on my mobile as my CV is still on various job websites. However today i got a call put through to me(working in a Uni admin dept), as usual i asked who it was ect, and they mentioned a job i had gone for back in April, I had actually "got" the job but it never materialised (maybe they want to offer again , i'm not sure). I told him to call back on my mobile and gave him my number.

Anyway, i just wondered if it is normal for recruiters to call people at their place of work. I don't think my boss would be very happy if he found out they were calling me. I'm not sure how they knew where i was working either, unless they looked me up at LinkedIn. Anyone else have similar experiences?

Associate
My production manager actually received a call when I was sitting next to him from an agency offering him a job, using our landline works number too. I was handed the telephone, I dealt with it in my own charming way ...

Back
Top Bottom