Job Dilemma

Man of Honour
I don't think he's a contractor or on a temp contract Syla5, he just means moving from working at a school with shorter days and mountains of holiday to what the rest of us class as a normal 9 to 5 and standard holidays.

Soldato
I don't think he's a contractor or on a temp contract Syla5, he just means moving from working at a school with shorter days and mountains of holiday to what the rest of us class as a normal 9 to 5 and standard holidays.

I was going by his use of "full time permanent". I suspect the hours are no different, teachers do a full 7-8 hour day, as do the IT staff (got a few of both, that work in schools, in the family).

Either way, seems like an absolute no brainer to me.

Soldato
OP
Well I have put an Application in anyway, Will be worth it for the Interview experience if nothing else.

I have also decided to do a Masters in Intelligent Systems over the next few years.

Soldato
Keep your current role, but do some home study with all your time off.

Choose one from MCSE, LPIC or CCNA. Your in IT already, so no worries about an employer looking at you as someone with zero experience.

Once your certified time to look for a higher paying role. Unless your time off is worth more to you than higher pay.

Your decision.

Back
Top Bottom