Job interview

Soldato
What's the interview for exactly?

A lot of places are more casual now so you don't need to go into an interview dolled up to the nines, but it can be dependent on the sector and role you're interviewing for. My last couple of interviews I literally just wore some black pants and a smart shirt, and I got the jobs.

At worst don't you have any family or friends you could just borrow a tie from?

Soldato
OP
What's the interview for exactly?

Do you have black/dress pants and a smart shirt at least? (whoops, I'm assuming yes after rereading your post lol)

A lot of places are more casual now so you don't need to go into an interview dolled up to the nines, but it can be dependent on the sector and role you're interviewing for. My last couple of interviews I literally just wore some black pants and a smart ****, and I got the jobs.

At worst don't you have any family or friends you could just borrow a tie from?

MIS admin, yes checking with someone if incan borrow one tomorrow but if he doesn’t answer..

Soldato
I think you'll probably be fine, depending on your suit it might be an idea to forgo the jacket if you can't get your hands on a tie.

I'd not worry yourself too much over it, you'll still be well dressed so focus on presenting yourself well and try to relax.

Caporegime
I have an interview tomorrow at 9am and stupidly i have only just realised i have a suit but no tie, am i screwed?

Don't know where your location is but plenty of shops are open at 8am - just get in a bit earlier and buy a tie.

For example - is it a city centre location? Is there an M&S? go on the M&S website and check store opening times... check whether that M&S sells clothing.

An additional check - check actual ties on the M&S website - check availability of specific ties at the store near the office etc.. select tie... wander in tomorrow and pick it up.

Alternatively check TM Lewin, CS etc..etc..

Man of Honour
I have an interview tomorrow at 9am and stupidly i have only just realised i have a suit but no tie, am i screwed?

I stopped wearing ties and suits to interviews 8 years ago. 8 years later I had an interview and just wore shirt, waistcoat and trousers and got the job. As long as you don't look unpresentable, you will simply be judged on your role credentials, paper or experience.

Soldato
OP
It’s ok guys my gf’s dad let me borrow one of his. Only slight problem i have now is my trouser button keeps undoing itself every few minutes!

could be akward!

Back
Top Bottom