Joining the (electric) two wheel club

Soldato
Hello! We're swapping our second car for an electric moped. It's been a while in the thinking and we did our CBT a few weeks ago followed by a test ride

We've ordered a NIU NQi GTS SR with a fairly decent discount. The shop in Bristol albeit small has a good range of women's clothing (and NHS discount) but I'll shop around. Going to head to a place in Swindon that we've been recommended but any other online stores I should look at for basics like Kevlar jeans and gloves?

Anyway, hopefully you'll welcome me in even though my ride doesn't involve any liquid... :D

Transmission breaker
Don
Welcome to the world of biking!
Interesting!! Looks like a tidy little machine.
I use Sportsbikeshop for trying on stuff, they usually have a decent load in stock, and are quick to bring it out to try on :)

Associate
Hello! We're swapping our second car for an electric moped. It's been a while in the thinking and we did our CBT a few weeks ago followed by a test ride

We've ordered a NIU NQi GTS SR with a fairly decent discount. The shop in Bristol albeit small has a good range of women's clothing (and NHS discount) but I'll shop around. Going to head to a place in Swindon that we've been recommended but any other online stores I should look at for basics like Kevlar jeans and gloves?

Anyway, hopefully you'll welcome me in even though my ride doesn't involve any liquid... :D

Welcome. I have a Honda CB125R. I'm looking for electric myself. What's with all the models at NIU what can I choose? It seems hard to figure out with so many models lol :D

Soldato
OP
Welcome. I have a Honda CB125R. I'm looking for electric myself. What's with all the models at NIU what can I choose? It seems hard to figure out with so many models lol :D

Haha yeah it is somewhat confusing, but it's basically just the style and then the battery size/range. I think! We based our choice primarily on top speed.

Picking it up tomorrow, nervous and excited!

Soldato
OP
She's arrived!

JNJfdBU.jpg
TKUXtLF.jpg

Was really nervous when we got her. Especially having to ride her away from the shop! CBT is so funny, it must be the only test in the world that tests you on something you've never done before.

Rode her 30km on Thursday through some pretty urban environments and even after that I feel 100x more confident and excited to use her. She's for my OH to commute 20km each way anyway and she's excited/nervous too. Neither of us will really be going above 30mph much and never above 40mph (bike's limit is 50mph). Plus it should be about 15-20p per commute!

Having a Tesla I love the app (albeit it's not as slick). Still gives you route history, ride stats, can lock/alarm remotely with notifications if it gets nudged etc. Could track my OH the whole way on her first ride today. Again coming from a Tesla I don't think I'd cope with a non-app based vehicle anymore!

Now a fully-electric household!

Last edited:
Soldato
Nice. I used shared electric mopeds a lot when I lived in Germany, they're awesome for urban areas. Used to zip into town and park up by the river for some sundowners.

Back
Top Bottom