Jolyon out.

Soldato
It took him 4 years to finally win GP2 title, and later was terrible during 2 seasons in F1.

He has had more chances than he deserved tbh.

I will miss him as much as i miss Max Chilton :p

Great chance for Sainz to get familiar with the car/team before the start of next season. Also it will be interesting to see if he is able to put Nico under some pressure

Caporegime
The biggest question is, will Hulk and Sainz scoring points rather than just Hulk let Renault catch and pass TR or even William's as well? TR are losing their point's scorer and Renault are gaining a second points scorer(if he adapts to the car well). Williams have been pretty damn terrible lately but the highest downforce tracks are out of the way... I suspect Williams will do alright points wise over the next 5 races but will they do alright with both drivers? Will be interesting to see. I suspect Renault will pass TR easily but Williams will depend on Stroll being decent or not at these tracks.

Soldato
Palmer has had chances and has underperformed, but I also feel a lot of bad luck and reliability issues have made the overall picture a lot worse.

But F1 is a tough place to be. Nico has consistently out performed him. Its a shame to see a Brit losing their seat but I agree with the decision. Palmer isnt good enough and I also feel his character is questionable with regard to taking responsibility for his failings.

Soldato
Palmer hasn't often shone, but then the Renault has hardly been a pedigree car during the time he was there. Maybe he will get a shot at a test drive at Williams, if not for a race seat, perhaps to be the reserve if Di Resta gets a promotion?

Soldato
OP
Effectively he's been poor in a poor car which seems to be the norm for a brit. He has of course ultimately been pushed out by Gasly. I wonder if Gasly has more money than Palmer.
Andi.

Soldato
I felt worse for chilton as he had far worse cars during his stint in F1. It didn’t help that Palmer came across a bit moany in interviews too.

But then again when you’ve grown up as the centre of attention all your life/career it’s tough when you suddenly aren’t I guess?!

Still, roll on the next guy. Just need Massa and Raikkonen to give their seats to younger guys now.

LzR

LzR

Associate
Still, roll on the next guy. Just need Massa and Raikkonen to give their seats to younger guys now.
Agree on both, and in that respect is there any news on the situation at Williams regards Massa's seat for next year?

Glad Palmers gone, Sainz at Renault is a much more exciting proposition.

Soldato
I thought Palmer deserved his seat more than Kvyat did, or is this Red Bull's way of getting Kvy back into a race seat so they can fire him again to get another win with Verstappen? Should have done all the switches after Gasly finishes the Super Formula season.

Back
Top Bottom