JSON help

Soldato
Hi,

I'm currently in an IT role, it's probably equal to second line work, some 3rd line bits. My Tech Director is a coder and has asked if I'd like to write some JSON processes for our internal software.

Never used JSON in my life but have used Python/XML before, I can't turn it down because then i'll be stuck fixing printer jams :D

So, I need to get up to speed with JSON asap.

Any suggestions on some great online resources? It'll save me some googling time.

Associate
As above, JSON is an equivalent to XML, so if you're familiar with XML you're halfway there. It's just a different data structure.

Soldato
OP
I've watched a few videos on Youtube about it, seems simple enough. I just don't know what I'm going to be writing if for yet which is the confusing part, it's for a workflow system for internal website/software.

Going to look for some more indepth videos later.

Soldato
We use JSON for IaC for Azure IaaS and it works very simply. It's hard to variablise and obfuscate, but that can be manipulated easily enough depending on where the code is stored.

Soldato
OP
IaC on Azure Iaas - gives me something to google about and learn :D All of our systems are on Azure so maybe it's a similar thing. Nothing off the Tech Director today, hardly surprising, he's hard to get hold off at the best of times :)

I've been told it's a big project but they are trialling me on a small part out and if it goes ok, there will be 2 much larger more complicated parts. I'm looking forward to anything that takes me away from the same people having the same issues with printers...

Back
Top Bottom