Ju on The Grudge (Wii)

Soldato
I don't find games scary at all these days but if they can keep the same creepiness that is in the movies(Japanese, not the American version).... it should be scary. I found the Fatal Frame games to be pretty scary at time.. this looks to be a lot like that.

Game comes out Mid-Late October.

-
-

208wvus.jpg

Also, Silent Hill Shattered Dreams(Remake of the original) is coming out on the Wii around the same time.

Then early 2010 Konami are releasing their ghost horror game "Calling."

Konami announced a new Wii horror game from Hudson Soft today, named Calling. It's set to release in early 2010, and its title gives insight to its ghostly mood. The Wii Remote serves as the player's cell phone, receiving calls through the speaker from some sort of spirit. It seems as if the crackle of the low-fi Wiimote speaker is taken advantage of by serving as an audio element to raise the tension, and the game is said to revolve around adventure elements like exploration and puzzle solving.

The story is based on an urban legend of a Web site that puts its viewers into a mysterious and deadly coma - like the internet version of The Ring. Users who are able to enter the site's chat room receive calls from Abyss, and enter an afterlife limbo called "Border," where much of the game seems to take place. We're pretty certain that the so-called urban legend will be brought to life with some viral marketing from Konami, so be on the lookout for a coma-inducing site soon.

Last edited:
Caporegime
Well if games like this make the grade from the reviews, I may well get one. I'm dying to play a stupidly scary game, and it seems a niche market that the PS3/360 doesn't cater for.

Soldato
Ju On and Calling are definately the types of games the Wii could use more of and it is about damn time too.

I remember when the Wiimote was first unveiled at Tokyo Games Show 2005, one of the promising gameplay adverts had a male/female couple playing some sort of First-Person game making torchlight motions, perfect fitting for an Adventure/Horror genre and now finally it's truely a reality.

Shame Fatal Frame IV is using a Third-Person viewpoint, but other than that, the gameplay would have been perfect for First-Person itself. I really do hope that someday it can get a Western release as it really needs to.

Back
Top Bottom