Just been pulled over?!

tsj

tsj

Permabanned
Uuhh... theres me driving with my mates to get some food... a police car notices my car and turns around and follows me as I turn right at the traffic lights... further up the road I get pulled over... very weird... he said 'Nice car'... I said 'Uh thanks...' ... 'Where you going'... he said, I said... 'To get something to eat' 'Ok' he said and went back and sat in his car... I drove off..

Later on... I just realized how weird that was? Was he even allowed to do that for no reason at all?

Caporegime
probably another "routine" spot check.

I wouldn't worry about it.

I was once stopped at 3am on the A12 for NOT speeding.

"what do you mean I was driving suspiciously slow?"

"well most people this time of night speed along this road and you were actually doing the limit, so we thought you were drunk"

and no I didn't get breathalized.

Dup

Dup

Soldato
I always got pulled on the bike. Used to take the residential routes home at 2am. I always received a producer however.

I once got pulled for having those silly helmet horns. The officer came up to me "Don't you know it's illegal to modify the structure of your safety helmet?". "Yes I do" I replied. "Then what are those stuck on with?", "... plastic suckers.". "Oh... Bye.".

Why would you think I'd drilled my lid for some stuffed horns?! Never mind eh?

tsj

tsj

Permabanned
OP
probably another "routine" spot check.

I wouldn't worry about it.

I was once stopped at 3am on the A12 for NOT speeding.

"what do you mean I was driving suspiciously slow?"

"well most people this time of night speed along this road and you were actually doing the limit, so we thought you were drunk"

and no I didn't get breathalized.

Not too worried... but I found it weird that he didn't even mention why he had pulled me over :S

Caporegime
I was pulled after work once driving home. As it was a friday night shift and didn't finish till late. A trip to the local kebab house sorted out my hunger. The police pulled me over and saw the kebab. Asking me to step out of the car and do a breath test just because i had a kebab in the car! It wasn't till they saw me in my work cloths that they realized what a fool they were. They still had to do the breath test though and by the time i got home my kebab was cold anyway >_>.

My main beef with them though is they should be going after the real trouble. I go clubbing in that area quite often and there is always trouble with not enough enforcement. Yet they think it's good to pull over people who have just been at work and just want to get home.

This happened to me 3 times in the space of three weeks. As a poster said above. I now take a different route home away from the patrolling cars but at night time you want to be concentrating on the road not looking in your rear mirror trying to figure out if the car behind you is a copper or not.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
I was pulled after work once driving home. As it was a friday night shift and didn't finish till late. A trip to the local kebab house sorted out my hunger. The police pulled me over and saw the kebab. Asking me to step out of the car and do a breath test just because i had a kebab in the car! It wasn't till they saw me in my work cloths that they realized what a fool they were. They still had to do the breath test though and by the time i got home my kebab was cold anyway >_>.

My main beef with them though is they should be going after the real trouble. I go clubbing in that area quite often and there is always trouble with not enough enforcement. Yet they think it's good to pull over people who have just been at work and just want to get home.

Seems fair enough to me: you're the only person I've ever heard of who would eat a kebab while sober.

As for:

looking in your rear mirror trying to figure out if the car behind you is a copper or not.

If you're not doing anything wrong, why should it matter? So you don't like bveing pulled over - if they catch a few drunk drivers it's fine by me.

As for use of police resources, I rather suspect that drink-drivers kill and injure a lot more people than drunken clubbers.

M

Soldato
I got pulled over on the M5 once, the cop car was parked on the hardshoulder and they were out with the speed gun. I managed to get it down to 95, but they chased after me, pulled me over, I went and sat in the back of the car, and they said
"we've just got you travelling at 99 mph"
my heart sank but he continued
"We were in such a hurry to get back in the car that we didnt push the button to record the speed, so this ones just a warning"
They breathalysed me and sent me on my way
PHEW!

Soldato
To be honest, I wouldnt worry about it. Whatever they were looking for, you didn't qualify. And frankly, it's nice that they're looking at all. I'd rather get pulled over just in case, than for people who are doing something wrong to not get pulled over at all.

It must have been the weekend for it though. I got pulled over for driving with my foglights on in clear weather. No, i'm not a chav. It was my dad's jeep, i had no idea where the button even was. I spent a couple of minutes finding it and i guess they figured i clearly wasn't doing it on purpose. They wandered off.

Soldato
To be honest, I wouldnt worry about it. Whatever they were looking for, you didn't qualify. And frankly, it's nice that they're looking at all. I'd rather get pulled over just in case, than for people who are doing something wrong to not get pulled over at all.

It must have been the weekend for it though. I got pulled over for driving with my foglights on in clear weather. No, i'm not a chav. It was my dad's jeep, i had no idea where the button even was. I spent a couple of minutes finding it and i guess they figured i clearly wasn't doing it on purpose. They wandered off.

Last time I got pulled over, I got a 7 day wonder because they didn't beleive I was insured for driving someone elses car. Suprised you didn't get the same, or do you carry the info?

Soldato
So drunk drivers coming home from the pub should be ignored?

No, course not, I think that Adam doesn't realise that the two cases are closly linked! The majority of people coming home from the pub aren't going to cause that much damage and loss of life as some drunken prat who thinks its a good idea to get behind the wheel, then go run over someone whos drunk whos stumbling home from the pub.

I think its a balance and the police have a better idea of what they need to do that us, the general public who probably don't have the first clue as to how to police a town/city.

Ta.

GReg

Last edited:
Soldato
Had the same happen to me several times - each a very pleasant Police Officer, very interested in the car and wished me a good night!

(Used to work till about 1-2 in the morning, so would always be burbling through town at night)

Back
Top Bottom