Just bought a new psu - No post, no display, no beeps and the cpu fan wont spin!

Soldato
Azure, when your upgraded your PC a while ago and you were at mine i did say to you to get a new PSU... but Mr Tight Arse with money did't want to! Oh how you could be regretting that now :p

Associate
OP
I have now... Everything seems normal... I'll go try a skeleton set up now.. Cheers for all the help guys i'll be back in a few mins =P

Well tried it... nothing happened =) could it be that i was trying to turn my pc on earlier with the cpu connection connected that could have anything to do with this?

Soldato
It would be worth knowing what brand and model the PSU was that blew.

We would have a little more insight as to the odds of possible component damage.

Soldato
Well tried it... nothing happened =) could it be that i was trying to turn my pc on earlier with the cpu connection connected that could have anything to do with this?

No, lots of ppl do this with no ill effects.

It's more likely the PSU has fried something - maybe the MB, maybe the memory , maybe the CPU - perhaps all 3 :/

Your challange is to try and identify fault - its not always straight forward and ideally you need spare components to test.

Soldato
No, lots of ppl do this with no ill effects.

It's more likely the PSU has fried something - maybe the MB, maybe the memory , maybe the CPU - perhaps all 3 :/

Your challange is to try and identify fault - its not always straight forward and ideally you need spare components to test.

Azure, told you to get a new PSU ages ago...I'm always right remember :p

And like i said, come here and you can test all your components (bar CPU) in my PC

Soldato
Azure, told you to get a new PSU ages ago...I'm always right remember :p

And like i said, come here and you can test all your components (bar CPU) in my PC

Result - i would take your friend up on his generous offer.

Good luck - let me know how you get on.

Associate
OP
Thats your problem there, the spinning cpu... Its not meant to :D

But go and test your bits in another system, that way you can rule them out.

GL

Nice spot =D haha and i'm pretty convinced the mobo is fried.. tried unplugging everything from the mobo... and nothing happens still..That green light is still staring at me -.- stupid motherboard green light -.-

Soldato
A nice update for you all that will embarrass Azure (his words to me):

and i quote...
My f'ing dad comes home presses the on switch

and...

IT F'ING TURNS ON

IT F'ING TURNS ON MAX

I F'ING SAID THIS WOULD HAPPEN

pahahaha :p

Back
Top Bottom