just caught someone hacking my computer ?

Permabanned
teamviewer was up and someone had control of my computer they had tabs open for my banking and ocuk paypal you name it.

how was this possible ?
i dont ever remember installing teamviewer either ?

i have the teamviewer log if anyone can see anything off that to help ?

Soldato
I wouldn't do anything short of formatting the PC and changing all your passwords on a known clean device. I would also be looking at any other device on your network that may be compromised.

Though you might wanna make sure your partner/kid/housemate isn't messing with you first.

Soldato
Always have 2FA, so even if they do use your PC to login, they need access to your mobile or secondary device to authenticate themselves. I never install TeamViewer, just run when I need to.

Soldato
RIP bro, when they kill you can I have all your stuff?

Too late, it's Prince Allollbojo's stuff now.

I'll echo the above, change every password you can think of and nuke the install from orbit. Quite how it happened, who knows!? First time I've heard of spontaneous TeamViewer highjacking. They usually have to con people into launching TeamViewer QS and supplying a code over the phone

Soldato
I thought you got email verification for new teamviewer connections?

Could they be using another one of your trusted devices to connect?

Permabanned
OP
malwarebytes found this lot

21n3bfd.png

ftg77t.png

Though you might wanna make sure your partner/kid/housemate isn't messing with you first.

This.

In student digs back in the early 2000s, my PC was running horrendously slow while the ethernet cable was plugged in (no visible Explorer / browser windows open). But when I unplugged the cable, the PC ran fine. This was me as an engineering student living with 6 IT students. A few days later, 3 of my forum accounts had their passwords changed plus MSN Messenger and started posting troll posts. Thankfully I managed to get the 3 forums back as I was a regular member of all 3 and knew the admins well, although never got my MSN back, so I had to register a new nick with a different email address. I guess my PC running slow must had been a keylogger or a remote desktop type thing (but with no visible windows) looking out for passwords? I was very friendly with one of the IT room mates and we figured that it was one of the other IT room mates that did it. This is because the language / wording style that my compromised accounts was fairly outing for him.

Soldato
Ouch, lucky you have noticed it.
Full disk wipe, or even better new boot disk and fresh install. Check every device on network, hard reboot the router and change every password! L

Soldato
Contact TeamViewer and report the issue to them.

Log in via a clean system and change ALL of your passwords, and invest in a password manager.

I am looking at removing all stored passwords and logins from my systems and using them on a purely secure device or service.

Caporegime
I couldn't tell you the ins or outs of what's gone on there, but as all the dates on the Malwarebytes logs are from today you could restore back to an earlier restore point, ie a week or more a go. I'd then run something like Combofix (from the Bleepingcomputer website) in safe mode and then another full scan with Malwarebytes after. I'd then change the passwords to your router's admin account, wifi and your PC and I guess use lastpass from now on. Then make sure Defender is used as an antivirus if on Windows 8 or 10 or say Bitdefender if on Windows 7.

Back
Top Bottom