Just got a guitar...now to learn how to play it.

Associate
I just got an acustic guitar and I would really like to learn how to play it. Are there any good internet resources that anyone can recommend. I would like to know how to tune the guitar and it would be cool if you could get songs as mp3 + notes (which are explained as I am a total noob) so you can learn to play them.

Thanks

Soldato
First of all i'd reccomend just getting a few lessons with a proffesional... just to pick up the right technique. Shouldn't teach yourself the wrong way :)

Soldato
I'd also recommend going to a teacher for at least a few lessons so he can get you started.

It is possible to teach yourself by all means but I'd suggest getting a footing in terms of technique and actually pressing down the strings as you'd be suprised how many problems you can create yourself if you learn bad technique early on.

Soldato
Copy me then :p

You can pop into your local music shop, they usually sell books that help out new guitarists. These books include sample songs, and how to tune your guitar.
Free CD aswell :cool:

Associate
OP
I am such an ass for not doing this at school when it was available. I am at uni now and its so much harder to organise. I was wondering if there are any online resources available. It means I dont have to spend any money and I dont have to go out :p

Associate
Check Cyberfret out. There is a 'first fret' section that will give you a handful of chords to start with etc. It has all the tuning notes on there and is pretty useful for beginners. Work through one bit at a time.

Good luck.

Back
Top Bottom