Just got a ps5 - what telly?

Soldato
avoid OLED if it's for gaming only usage. Screen burn is still there.

It is in extreme circumstances. If you're smart, it shouldn't be an issue. To be fair a lot of games now have dynamic HUDs which is helping with this. I do vary my content a lot and I am likely never to be playing FIFA or CoD for 1,000's of hours, like some would. My CX is pretty quick with the screensaver if something is paused - not the PS5 though, it just dims it, so I do try to keep game pauses to a minimum. My old Panny plasma had burn in but it was 10 years old or so. Sky pause button burn in was visible. My fault, really.

Caporegime
It is in extreme circumstances. If you're smart, it shouldn't be an issue. To be fair a lot of games now have dynamic HUDs which is helping with this. I do vary my content a lot and I am likely never to be playing FIFA or CoD for 1,000's of hours, like some would. My CX is pretty quick with the screensaver if something is paused - not the PS5 though, it just dims it, so I do try to keep game pauses to a minimum. My old Panny plasma had burn in but it was 10 years old or so. Sky pause button burn in was visible. My fault, really.

Doesn't need to be extreme. LTT did a video where his OLED monitor had screen burn after only 2 months of usage.

Soldato
I've had my 55" LG B7 OLED for over three years with no burn in or other issues. The newer models are even less susceptible to it than the older ones and as long as you aren't running it at ridiculous brightness levels all the time, you're unlikely to have any problems.

Soldato
https://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/lg...1199-delivered-with-code-at-sevenoaks-3809414

Deal on C1 ATM. Burn in can be an issue but generally the people who are most concerned and vocal are those who don't actually own an OLED and are worried based on cases they read. Mines a year strong now with no burn in but obviously there are a lot of factors like time used, colours on commonly used programs etc.
I'd rather risk burn in than have a TV with crappy blacks tbh, can't go back now.

LiE

LiE

Caporegime
https://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/lg...1199-delivered-with-code-at-sevenoaks-3809414

Deal on C1 ATM. Burn in can be an issue but generally the people who are most concerned and vocal are those who don't actually own an OLED and are worried based on cases they read. Mines a year strong now with no burn in but obviously there are a lot of factors like time used, colours on commonly used programs etc.
I'd rather risk burn in than have a TV with crappy blacks tbh, can't go back now.

Scroll up, post #16 ;)

Back
Top Bottom