just got my gtx 280. crysis warhead settings.

Soldato
what are realistic settings i can apply to this game runnig at 1650x1050

i dont seem to be getting great performance at all. quite often fps drops sub 20 and im trying to get a good mix of quality without sacrificing to many frames.

is there any custom configs i can use?

rest of pc spec in sig

Soldato
With my 8800gt SLI setup I ran no AA all gamer at 1920 x 1200 and frequently got tearing. Allowed for astonishingly smooth gameplay from beggining to end though.

At your res you, depending on what you believe to be acceptable performance, you should be running a mix of mostly enthusiast with some gamer for best results :)

Soldato
Yeah, Crysis is horrible with a Q660 at stock. People keep saying the game is GPU limited, but it's both CPU and GPU limited.

Perhaps if they patched the engine to use multiple cores a little better it would help - considering this is a new engine which they would like people to use, their multi-core suppport is unforgiveably bad.

PS - this is form someone who enjoys the games. Am not dissing it for the hell of it.

Soldato
OP
do u think an extra gig of ram would help? another problem i have with this mobo is the thing wont boot with 4 sticks and i cant up the vdimm cos the bios is locked. the motherboard is atually a asus p5ne so im very tempted to try and flash it with a proper asus one.

i want my old ds4 back :(

Soldato
Flash it to a proper BIOS.

Although that said, I heard the Asus P5N-Es are rubbish at overclocking quads. Maybe you should just save for a new motherboard.

Xez

Xez

Associate
I play Crysis warhead on all max settings with 2xAA. I do get slow downs when theres lots of blowing up going on and the first ice/snow section it drops badly but its perfectly playable for me the rest of the time and thats with a GTX 260

and only 2GB of ram on Vista.

Xez

Xez

Associate
Warhead ran like a complete dog for me when my E6600 was on stock clocks but now it's at 3.2ghz it plays it all fine in the settings i have said above

Back
Top Bottom