Just had to reinstall my HP printer/scanner software on all my PCs

Soldato
I found that documents etc would not print unless I turned the printer / scanner on and off. Reinstalled the full HP printer / scanner software and now all seen OK. Some MS update must have interfered with the HP software! Bah! Anybody else found this - happened on Win 10 and Win 11?

I found that documents etc would not print unless I turned the printer / scanner on and off. Reinstalled the full HP printer / scanner software and now all seen OK. Some MS update must have interfered with the HP software! Bah! Anybody else found this - happened on Win 10 and Win 11?
I've sort of noticed this as well but not looked into it. When did it start happening for you? It's about a month for me - but we haven't been printing frequently so I'm not sure.

How was the printer connected, USB, Ethernet, WiFi?

Probably too late to check now. Were the print queues still present and pointing to the correct port? Did the HP software install the same driver version?

If your printer is network connected, maybe the IP changed and a reinstall picked up the new \ correct IP.

How was the printer connected, USB, Ethernet, WiFi?

Probably too late to check now. Were the print queues still present and pointing to the correct port? Did the HP software install the same driver version?

If your printer is network connected, maybe the IP changed and a reinstall picked up the new \ correct IP.
In my case wifi with a static IP configured.
Queues were still present.

Didn't check driver versions, will do so as far as I can.

Back
Top Bottom