Just Ordered the logitech G5

Soldato
I decided to go for it afyer meny weeks thinking about it and hearing you guys saying how good it is. Im upgrading from a mx100, and Im still wondering if Ive made the right decision, cos I was all for the mx1100:confused:

1 question tho guys, I hear the LEDs are always on even when idel, so are the LEDs bright enough to be annoying, cos I sometimes leave the pc on over night and I hate lights when Im sleeping

Soldato
I bought a G5 2 years ago. I haven't had any problems with it except for spilling some tea over the buttons and now the +button is stuck. I barely use the sensitivity settings anyway. Also the logitech logo has worn off and the left button is mega shiny after so much use. The weights are also a gimmick and i never use them. It still a nice mouse, but i wish it had an extra button next to the back button

Soldato
OP
Hm what led's are they ??? my g5 only has a little orange light for the sensitivity setting

Yeah those LEDs

I bought a G5 2 years ago. I haven't had any problems with it except for spilling some tea over the buttons and now the +button is stuck. I barely use the sensitivity settings anyway. Also the logitech logo has worn off and the left button is mega shiny after so much use. The weights are also a gimmick and i never use them. It still a nice mouse, but i wish it had an extra button next to the back button

The forward button has made a appearance on the 2nd version of the G5

Associate
Gotta say, if you're going for gaming I'd be more tempted to get the 518 if it's still going. Huge fan of the MX range and gone from a 300 to a 510 to a 518. Fantastic post purchase support from Logitech too.

Soldato
OP
mine is the grey version and not the horrible coloured one, doesnt have a back button but has blue LED for the sensitivity

I think the blue and black looks ok.

KB-069-LG_400.jpg

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
mx510 4ever :p

Thats what I thought about my mx1000 that Ive had for like 5yrs, I couldnt imagine anything better but I might of been wrong:D. I still cant see how the g5 can be better then the mx1000, but we will see tuesday or wednesday.

Edit.. heres pics of version 1 and 2, I dont know where you got your gray version from????
img0012gp4.jpg

Last edited:
Permabanned
I have the blue v2 and gotta be honest I think it looks way nicer than v1. Much more interesting, My only grumble is that after 12 months use the white logitech lettering is starting to wear off causing it to loolk a little tatty

Soldato
OP
lack of fwd button and the cord are the only negatives with this mouse, and they were enough for me. I had it for 3 months then got the DeathAdder.

Yeah Ive had the mx1000 for about 5yrs now, so going back to a corded mouse will be a tad strange. If I dont like the G5 cos of the cord, I think I will try the mx1100. But saying that Ive got a brand new mx1000 thats still sealed up in the box, so might just use that instead.

Caporegime
I use the g5 ver 1 on my main system, used to have a cordless g7 on my second rig which failed, logitech replaced it with the blue g5 corded ver 2, thinking of swapping the blue one with the forward button into my main rig.

Associate
Am I assuming the 'forward' button is just that, the equavalent of the 'w' button? Just moves your character forward? Or have I missed the point?

Back
Top Bottom